What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Took some pretty amazing photos of the GH and his growing areas. first pic there will be MORE than this post, so if you see it only this one, wait.
S. Flava
TriptoRons11.jpg

S. Leucophylla var. Tarnok (sorry its sideways, stupid photobucket
TriptoRons12.jpg

The leuco mini bog with some S. Purpurea ssp. Purpurea
TriptoRons10.jpg

Darlingtonia Californica
TriptoRons13.jpg

TripToRonsmissedPhotos1.jpg

Drosophyllum Lusitanicum
TriptoRons15.jpg

TriptoRons16.jpg

TripToRonsmissedPhotos.jpg

S. Purpurea var Venosa
TripToRonsmissedPhotos7.jpg

Sarracenia and Dionaea pots
TriptoRons8.jpg

Dionaea M. pots
TriptoRons14.jpg

NOW FOR THE NEPS
Hamata
TripToRonsmissedPhotos4.jpg

TripToRonsmissedPhotos3.jpg

TripToRonsmissedPhotos5.jpg

Rajah
TripToRonsmissedPhotos2.jpg

Lowii
TripToRonsmissedPhotos6.jpg

Bongso(im 6'5", HUGE PITCHERS)
TriptoRons29.jpg

Eymae
TriptoRons18.jpg

TriptoRons30.jpg

Lowii x Ventricosa 'Briggsiana'
TriptoRons17.jpg

Tentaculata
TriptoRons20.jpg

Ramispina
TriptoRons-1.jpg

Bunch of diff. neps
TriptoRons23.jpg

TriptoRons24.jpg

Spectabilis
TriptoRons22.jpg

Now some lowlanders
Ampullaria
TriptoRons27.jpg

TriptoRons26.jpg

Ampullaria 'Harlequin'
TriptoRons25.jpg

Some Heli's and Neps
TriptoRons21.jpg

Aaaand some Genlisea.
TriptoRons28.jpg

he had ALOT of VERY nice pings, but i had low battery on my camera...lol i will get more next time.

And of course, Ron with his plants
TriptoRons19.jpg

Too cool!

Awesome plants! They look so lush and beautiful.

When I'm out of college and have a place of my own, I want to have a greenhouse like that.

Thanks guys, it was quite an amazing experiance, my second visit, but the last only lasted 10 minutes, this was 3 hours. here are the plants i picked up from him
D. M. Low Giant
TriptoRons1.jpg

D. M. Akai Ryu
TriptoRons2.jpg

Small N. Bongso
TriptoRons3.jpg

Small seed grown S. Flava from 05
TriptoRons4.jpg

and 2 Darlingtonia Californica mountain form
TriptoRons5.jpg

SKO
Thanx for the gr8 pics.
I Met Ron a couple of weesk ago at thr BACPS summer fling at Cal Carn, He seems like a really nice man.
his plants are outstanding.
Oops one of you pics does a wee bit of advertising for one of my fav nurseries in N. Call. I know that owner too and i feel like i have entered a botanical garden when I go to his Nursery. One day hope to get to see Ron's GH in person.
thanx again
LMO

Yeah a couple of the pics might have small advertisements. it cant be helped, i didnt mean to. but if you took those pics out, youd lose great pics....So sorry Andy, if its an issue, you may remove it if youd like. But i was trying to post some pics for people to see a nice variety of plants lol.
Ron and his wife are VERY nice people, been there twice now, but this time i brought the camera because of the plants. just amazing really.

oops forgot a pic
its the Flava minibog
TriptoRons9.jpg

If you want to see some of the sideways neps fixed and turned, check out the nep thread for my post. ive been working on em for a couple hours >_< time for sleep

fantastic. WOW! those neps are wicked. :) So are the others ofcourse. :)

yeah i was really quite impressed with his plants, my gf was just like O_O when we were there lol

Could you imagine owning a greenhouse like this..... just wow it would be amazing, i am going to start my own greenhouse some day

o_O

Wow, I wouldn't mind living in there.

Lovely Bongso. Guess my little one has some potential!

yeah mine too lol. cant way for my little bongso to get big ^^ lol

man what a great collection he has. and looks like you got some pretty nice ones from him. I should too lol

quite an ancient thread ressurected lol.
Ron has some amazing plants
and when i went back on September 10th, the plants had grown quite a bit. it was really quite stunning

man! It would take ppl to drag me out of the nursery if I am in a place like that. I would have just froze at those nepenthes..especially the rajah, hamata and the amazing looking amps.

Back