What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best pests killing brand or brand you using

Empyrean

Destiny VS Cause And Effect
well one day i fliped over a feeding B52 trap, and i found a bunch of pests and the trap was rotten. i remove the plant from the pot immediately and wash it with gentle runing "tap" water the plant is alright now but i have to throw away the media, right now i just want something that get rip of them with out putting out the plant and throw away the media.

i need a best brand for carnivorous plant, any suggestion? and i need a solution fast !!!!!!!!!!!!

well one day i fliped over a feeding B52 trap, and i found a bunch of pests and the trap was rotten. i remove the plant from the pot immediately and wash it with gentle runing "tap" water the plant is alright now but i have to throw away the media, right now i just want something that get rip of them with out putting out the plant and throw away the media.

i need a best brand for carnivorous plant, any suggestion? and i need a solution fast !!!!!!!!!!!!

Go with Ortho's Orthenex, a systemic insecticide in the pre-mixed spray-can, readily available at most nursuries and hardware stores. I have used it for a few years when Orthene itself became harder to come by in small quantities, and I cannot recommend it more. The American Rose Society endorses its use.

I had a bit of an aphid problem this spring with some B52s, as it turns out, and it cleared it right up . . .

alrighty i will get it day after work hopefully i can kill all those pests and aphid by tomorrow morning thanks BigBella

It depends on the pest. Not all pests are created equally and neither are pesticides.

If you have pests in the medium most likely they are fungus gnat larvae or springtails. Replacing the medium or using chemicals is likely to be futile as these pests are so common that they will simply re-infest at the first opportunity.

Fungus gnat larvae and springtails eat decaying matter. Unlike springtails, however, fungus gnats pose a threat to your plants as they eat roots or seedling plants. Previously thought to be a harmless nuisance they are now considered a serious pest from the damage they do.

Control fungus gnats with sticky traps to reduce the adults and Bacillus thuringensis israelensis (Bti). Bti is the most cost effective biological control against fungus gnat larvae and the application is as simple as adding Bti to your watering can and watering your plants.

Back