Likes Likes:  0

Thread: best pests killing brand or brand you using

Destiny VS Cause And Effect Empyrean's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation best pests killing brand or brand you using

well one day i fliped over a feeding B52 trap, and i found a bunch of pests and the trap was rotten. i remove the plant from the pot immediately and wash it with gentle runing "tap" water the plant is alright now but i have to throw away the media, right now i just want something that get rip of them with out putting out the plant and throw away the media.

i need a best brand for carnivorous plant, any suggestion? and i need a solution fast !!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Empyrean View Post
    well one day i fliped over a feeding B52 trap, and i found a bunch of pests and the trap was rotten. i remove the plant from the pot immediately and wash it with gentle runing "tap" water the plant is alright now but i have to throw away the media, right now i just want something that get rip of them with out putting out the plant and throw away the media.

i need a best brand for carnivorous plant, any suggestion? and i need a solution fast !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go with Ortho's Orthenex, a systemic insecticide in the pre-mixed spray-can, readily available at most nursuries and hardware stores. I have used it for a few years when Orthene itself became harder to come by in small quantities, and I cannot recommend it more. The American Rose Society endorses its use.

I had a bit of an aphid problem this spring with some B52s, as it turns out, and it cleared it right up . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Destiny VS Cause And Effect Empyrean's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    alrighty i will get it day after work hopefully i can kill all those pests and aphid by tomorrow morning thanks BigBella

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends on the pest. Not all pests are created equally and neither are pesticides.

If you have pests in the medium most likely they are fungus gnat larvae or springtails. Replacing the medium or using chemicals is likely to be futile as these pests are so common that they will simply re-infest at the first opportunity.

Fungus gnat larvae and springtails eat decaying matter. Unlike springtails, however, fungus gnats pose a threat to your plants as they eat roots or seedling plants. Previously thought to be a harmless nuisance they are now considered a serious pest from the damage they do.

Control fungus gnats with sticky traps to reduce the adults and Bacillus thuringensis israelensis (Bti). Bti is the most cost effective biological control against fungus gnat larvae and the application is as simple as adding Bti to your watering can and watering your plants.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.