Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Direct tv or dish network?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_OrchidGuy View Post
    cable is slower than dish? What are you talking about upper? The programming is virtually the same. Not following you there. I just preferred Dish over Direct because of how the receivers functioned, and they seemed to have better PPV selection, but they both have on demand now I think. So Caps is correct whatever floats your boat as far as a package. I think I liked dish's packages better too. From what it looked like you could get with the different packages.

If you have a stable place to mount the dish and it is not a hurricane coming through, it really is not as bad as it is made out to be as far as loosing signal. the key is having it mounted on a stable area of the house.
    my cousin got dish and i got time warner cable.
    i can flip through the channel like nothing on the dish, but i gotta wait like 5 second to change to each channel on mine.
    Happy Holiday

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh ok guess it depends on the company.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama *Barracuda_45*'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have Direct TV, now the only reason we have them is we cant get any other dish to work out here in the woods due mainly to the trees no where for Dish Network to get a signal, anyways Direct TV gives us a better deal and we get more channels than what we would get with Dish Network. As for losing signal yup we do to at times of real bad storms be it summer or winter but we just spray some Pam cooking spray on the dish and it keeps it going pretty good till the Pam finaly wears off, then we just re spary..
    Hey buddy wana run, LETS GO!
    Northern Michigan All Car Drag Team *PRESIDENT*
    Red Hot Cherry's "NEW" PB 8.741 GO CHERRY! & "5" 1st place trophy wins 9 sec class.
    www.nmacdt.com

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have satellite but I've heard it loses signal a lot.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PAK That is a myth. As long as it was not a shotty job installing the dish. I had it for many years and I installed it myself so I know it was good. If it is on an unstable structure sure the wind will blow it off the signal very easy, but if it is installed properly and secure it is not as bad as some people and the cable company makes it sound.

As I said before my issue was a tree growing in the way. I rarely had issues with a storm. It had to be a very big storm.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12