What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holy Sequel, Batman! The Dark Knight.

• Thread starter xvart
  • Start date

xvart

Doing it wrong until I do it right.
Staff member
I'm getting ready to leave for Batman: The Dark Knight. It's been a long time since I've been this excited to see a movie. I might just wet myself. My wife and I are going to the midnight showing. I believe the last midnight showing I saw was The Matrix: Revolutions. I feel like I'm young and in college again!

Anyone else planning on seeing it this weekend? Anyone else excited?

xvart.

I think I saw a trailer or two for it...and it looked legit, but not mind-bogglingly awesome like so many people are making it out to be. I've seen every Batman and read some of the comics (even some of the early editions), and I was never very impressed. Maybe I just don't get it? I always thought Batman was kind of behind the times, and the whole Batman/Robin thing was ambiguously gay. Maybe it's just me lol.

Let us know how it is, I like the "look" of this movie from what I've seen but I'm not into superheros or comics if it's sufficiently "dark" enough i.e. the joker is believeably weird/psycho and not comically "evil" I might see it.

i was gonna go to the midnight showing tonight but my friends were lazy so i didnt go haha ill be going soon. i think it looks pretty awesome!

Alex

It better be good as it was Heath Ledgers last full movie he filmed...I hope the spin on the joker is as good as it looks

Just got back. It was awesome. 100% legit. It was a little long, but I thought the story lines were really, really good.

I've seen every Batman

Woah! Let us not judge the Batman Universe by some of the worst movies ever, lol! At least Batman and Robin and Batman Forever. The new series is so much better it is unbelievable.

Let us know how it is, I like the "look" of this movie from what I've seen but I'm not into superheros or comics if it's sufficiently "dark" enough i.e. the joker is believeably weird/psycho and not comically "evil" I might see it.

The look is great, and the Joker is very well done. All the characters are, for that matter.

Time for bed. Gotta get up for work in a couple hours... I'm not one of the 38% of working people that are taking off at least some time from work tomorrow (link).

xvart.

Hey X, were you one of those dudes I saw on TV with the joker face paint or the batman outfit??

Hey X, were you one of those dudes I saw on TV with the joker face paint or the batman outfit??

Haha. Unfortunately, no. I did run into Batman himself in the bathroom, though.

xvart.

I have a problem with Christian Bale so I probably won't be seeing it anytime soon. There's a handful of actors/actresses that I simply don't like and lean more toward despising and he is one of them.

Crystal

Amazing amazing amazing!

Gonna have to see this one twice. Two thumbs up by me!

Haha. Unfortunately, no. I did run into Batman himself in the batroom, though.

/fixed

I'm really excited about this movie. I really enjoyed Batman Begins, and this looks like it'll just continue in that vein, so........yay.

I just saw this movie today. I had been a batman fan since a kid. This is unquestionably the BEST comic/superhero/action movie ever. The acting is perfect...the story is perfect. The gadgets are plausable...no cheesy additions. Its sad that Heath Ledger is no longer with us...but he was a true masterpiece in this movie. His character truly captured the essense of the dark joker from the graphic novels. The ending was among the best movie endings ever. Its just an unbelievable movie. My favorite for a while to come. :)

What I hope is the joker is extreamly insane but not over the limit and a fat part of the movie's foxuse is him :) I can't wait to watch I'm going to wait for it to come out since I have a higher priority :(
The money devouring reef tank :jester:
Edit thats another thing I HATE,when a great movie has a sour/non conclusive ending...

Saw the movie.

It was a bittersweet experience for me. The movie was fantastic, but I don't believe we will see the Joker again(I wouldn't want to be the guy hired to top Ledger's performance) and unless they say "hey, bet we fooled you with that ending there" I can't think of any villians that would be on par with what we've already seen.

I could be wrong, though.

"wanna see a magic trick?"

saw it tonight....will likely see it again this weekend since i dont have to pay to get in :D ....thought it was a great movie, thought maybe they were over hyping the Joker due to Ledgers death but damn he was good.....though i have generally liked his acting in most past movies(The Patriot, Knights Tale, Four Feathers......) but he did surpass all those by far.....defiantly insane with out going past the point and just being silly....i know there will be a third film but have no clue where they will get another villain....the riddler is to cartoony for this version of the series as is the penguin....catwoman isnt a true villain...unless they bring something from The League of Shadows that Ra's al Ghul was apart of...as for the ending, i think it was perfect........

I read that they weren't going to use the Penguin ever for exactly the same reason you said, rattler: too cartoony. I saw it for a second time yesterday morning for the cheap seats since my wife had worked the night shift the previous night and was sleeping all day. Highlight between the spoiler tags if you've seen the movie about one of the next possible villains.

I think they can still use Harvey Dent as a villain, pulling a Jim Gordon with a hidden death. I thought I remembered from somewhere that Bruce Wayne tries to help him recover, offering to pay his medical bills and treatments... So they could be keeping him in hiding trying to get him back to normal in hopes of him continuing his reign as the white knight.

xvart.

Just saw it myself tonight, was pretty amazing. Not like i thought it would be, but still. Ledger did a great job with the Joker imo. and yeah, they wont use Penguin again, or the riddler, or freeze. they had their times lol.

Back