What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borneo Exotics @ Singapore Garden Festival, 25th July - 1st August

Cindy

Staff member
Hi everyone,

Finally, I have time in front of the computer to give you some updates. I have been at Suntec City after work doing little odd jobs like clearing the display area of things, setting up tables for the sales booth and ferrying things down to Level 4 from Level 6.

The display is now being set up. It is a lot of hard work and there are at least 6-8 people working at a time. Not wanting to give away what you will see at SGF when it starts, there are about 500 Nepenthes on display together with many other rare and special plant species. Currently, the structure is being put up and plants will be going in next week.

At Level 4, they have three sales booths. What can we expect?
*Books - two books and the authors will be around for autographs for certain days (more details about the titles and the authors later)
*Posters - photos of Australian CPs e.g. Pygmy Sundews, Cephalotus, Utricularia etc by Phill Mann and his buddies
*Art work - by Mr William Richard Taylor (Nepenthes lovers would have seen his work which Rob posted on the forums)
*Plants - Nepenthes (will update on the species once the consignment arrives) and Cephalotus
*Others - let me go and check it out later today, hehehe

Both the display on Level 6 and the sales booth on Level 4 are right in front of the entrance so you won't miss them! Do drop by and visit us if you are in Singapore during this period!

Photos please Cindy I'm poor and can't make it over but it sounds really awesome! :)

i second the above!

Let me check my schedule . . . . nope, I won't be in Singapore.

Photos will be posted once the exhbition starts. Rob will strangle me if I leak out what they are setting up for the display now. ;)

Just a bump...for anyone who might be able to make it!

We'll be waiting for pics. I know it will be awesome. :)

Hey Cindy,

Say "Hi" to Rob and Phill for me :) And tell Rob thanks for the referrals

WOW cindy!!! amazing!!! i could've spent so much money their!!! WOW! great plants!

Great photos. Wish I could have joined you!

xvart.

Jeez that black truncata is a monster! It seems his plants take the shipping and new environment quite well. Here, I look at mine wrong and they quit growing hehe. Anyway, thanks for the pics of that amazing display.

Omg i love the black truncata

the black truncata is impeccable. I hope Rob can make them available soon in the future.

Absolutely beautiful display! I know that must have taken SOOO much work. Y'all did a fantastic job.

The plants? Spectacular as always. The black truncata...it's amazing.

What a treat for all of us who couldn't go to the show. Thanks Cindy!

(And don't forget to keep an eye out for Tony's stolen black truncata...can't miss that one!)

Nice pictures indeed.

I will use this opportunity to mention that not only did the person take very valuable plants from me. They deprived the Nepenthes community of potential hybrids using the plants. Both N. truncata black are flowering size female plants. They were to be key plants in my breeding program and now that has been destroyed. A huge lose for the Nepenthes community and to myself in many ways.

If you are reading this and took the plants. I will find you. I have old pitchers for genetic identification. I don't care if it takes 2 years or 20. You will be prosecuted for the theft and sued for every penny you have and will ever earn for the loss of income and damage you have caused my business. NY state police has photos and descriptions of all the missing plants as well as monetary values of the plants themselves.

You have also left me no choice but to no longer allow any visitors, or to post a full list of plants in my care or post photos of special plants on the web.

Tony

That's just terrible... that I couldn't see that plant show in person! :-D

Boy that's some amazing setup I can see why the secrecy! I wish our annual orchid shows were even a bit as cool...

But what is the purpose of "Mr Rumphus"? Is he an animatronic speaker or what?

Back