What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got some baby bunnies here!

Bunny momma,
you are doing a gr8 job. on those babies.I can see how they have grown since you first posted.
The video was jest to cute.
A friend of mine recently had a baby bat for 10 days. it was adorable. I'm not a vet , jets an ex RN, the baby bats stools (bowel movements) looked kinda greeninsh and unformed. it died several days after being taken off cow's milk and started on mooshed meal worms.
My friend said he had a real education on bats by doing research on line.
good luck with your babies.
LMO

Thanks guys :)

Bunny momma,
you are doing a gr8 job. on those babies.I can see how they have grown since you first posted.

Flytraplady, I'm glad you said that, because I'm always worried about them not growing properly. I don't have a scale to weigh them with and since I see them every day, I can't tell sometimes if they're growing. Even though my husband says they definetly are, it's hard for me to tell. But they are eating a lot more, so I guess they are :) That's a neat story about the baby bat! I love bats, they're so cute....well some of them are :p

I'll take some new pics today when we have outside time again. They are a lot faster today! They can just about hop and their walking is a lot more stable :)

P.S- Jeff called one Jabberwocky! That's not nice is it, lol. I call him Jabber for short.

Holy cow! I got a fast little bugger here. This is Jabber.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzRH4HlN61g

These two pics are also of Jabber, he's the adventurous one!

new27.jpg

new26-1.jpg

Reminds me of back in 1968 right before i went into the Air Force. Iwas out driving one day with my MOM and saw a baby bunny scamper across the road. I was able to catch it and take it home, I called it Thumper. how original. it only lived for a few days after I left for my basic training.

Last edited:
Two out of the four are having diahrea now. I'm trying to figure out what's causing it. Maybe because they're eating more milk? I'm also introducing clover and grass. Maybe that's why. I'm worried about it though, I hope they'll be alright.

One died today :( I am so sad. The other three look very healthy though, I hope they will be alright.

Ive been through the same experience.

You want to make sure you don't over do it on the grass. That killed mine. Allot of it could be the lack of bacteria they aren't getting from mommas poop. They eat mommas poop.

maybe you should give them some of your poop?
Jk

Sorry to hear of your loss.
it doesn't take long to get attached to those little fellars. it wasn't jabber was it?

I would seriously suggest to take them to a vet and maybe get some advice on them. Its natural for a death or two from each litter even in the wild. But the concern is the lack of all those natural variables which these babies would have to face with their mother. Perhaps, a wild life rescue service would have some idea about the requirements for a baby bunny?? But still.... good luck! I can understand that one can get sooo easily attached to those cute babies. Hope the others do great. :)

Another one died today, so we took the last two to the vet. Hopefully they can help them. I feel so sad :( I miss my bunnies :down:

Aw, I´m sorry to hear that :(

Back