Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Got some baby bunnies here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Got some baby bunnies here!

I was doing some yard work outside of my fenced in area, when I heard a squeeking noise coming from the yard that is fenced in. I went to look and I found my dog messing with some baby bunnies. The mama didn't make it unfortunetly They are probably only 2 days old we're guessing. VERY CUTE! Eyes and ears still closed. They have full bellies and are not dehydrated from what I can tell. I will do my best to raise them. They are cottontails. They are weined within 3-4 weeks and then I can let them go. There are 4 of them and boy are they adorable! Here is a pic. I'll keep you updated on how I do (if you want me to that is!). I've read up on them, but if anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to tell me. I got some goats milk and I already had a dropper. I know I have to make them go potty (I've done all this with baby rats before). I just hope they stay warm enough, but the website said that these guys will do ok with just a towel as long as it's between 65-70 degrees inside, which it definetly is. Wish me luck! There is one that is super fiesty!

Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sorry I dont have any tips

but

awhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hyper-cute!

However, if the mommy bunny didn't survive, I'm not sure what the fate is of the little ones. I think you should show them to a pet store or something for advice.

Meanwhile, show those bunnies love!
    "I may be on the side of angels, but do not mistake me for one."

Wolfn's Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
    Hyper-cute!

However, if the mommy bunny didn't survive, I'm not sure what the fate is of the little ones. I think you should show them to a pet store or something for advice.

Meanwhile, show those bunnies love!
    The ironic thing about pet stores is that often they know very little about the animals they sell (especially the chain pet stores). It wouldn't suprise me if they gave wrong information to you. Trapper, you're better off getting your info online or from a wildlife rescue center. Good luck raising the waskally wabbits.
    Presents are the best way to show someone how much you care. It is like this tangible thing that you can point to and say 'Hey man, I love you this many dollars worth. -Michael Scott, The Office

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Omega-cute!
    Happy Holiday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read that when they have that white mark on their foreheads they need mom's milk still. I figure though that ya know that since you're giving them goat milk. Plus they're pretty young anyhow. Will goat milk work?

-Ben
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    call a vet and ask for suggestions. There may be feeding advice online, but I'm not so sure that I'd trust it.

holy crap, they are cute though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awww :3 Like what Ilbasso said, maybe you can go to a vet and see if they have advice, or maybe give them to them.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast