Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My new kitty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife's Siamese cat made it to 18. And, in case xvart is still checking in here, Siamese cats tend to be non-allergenic. I'm allergic to cats and, a few months after the last non-Siamese cat went to the great litterbox in the sky, l realized my allergies and asthma were gone too. Even though the Siamese was with us a few more years.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh the troubles you'll see! Time to realise that everything in the house has an electrical cord, and NOTHING is as fun for kittens as messing with those!

Kittens are great but ya totally gotta keep watch on 'em for a while. I had two which are now young adults. I'd have one destroying an in-progress sculpture on one end of the house with the other climbing & dumping over my bookshelves on the other end of the house... I still wouldn't part with them for anything though!

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohhh mi goodness!! How precious! He's so tiny!

I'd love to have a cat again but...since Ollie would just see a kitten as just another "small furry animal" to chase and shake....I don't.

I love Siamese. My beloved little lilac point lived to 18. Lordy that was hard...

Yep...you're in for trouble. Nothing spells trouble like a kitten! He'll play in your bath tub...and climb your curtains. lol But then get all spikey and bounce side ways at you and its soooo funny.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That kitten is darling! It's almost like having a toddler. Eventually, Homer will settle down and do more "meatloafing".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    Oh the troubles you'll see! Time to realise that everything in the house has an electrical cord, and NOTHING is as fun for kittens as messing with those!

Kittens are great but ya totally gotta keep watch on 'em for a while. I had two which are now young adults. I'd have one destroying an in-progress sculpture on one end of the house with the other climbing & dumping over my bookshelves on the other end of the house... I still wouldn't part with them for anything though!
    His first night home, he chewed in half the antenna wire on my stereo. He hasn't chewed any wire since. Hopefully the wire chewing was just because he was nervous. He's got plenty of toys to keep him entertained while I'm at work.

Quote Originally Posted by PlantAKiss View Post
    Ohhh mi goodness!! How precious! He's so tiny!

I'd love to have a cat again but...since Ollie would just see a kitten as just another "small furry animal" to chase and shake....I don't.

I love Siamese. My beloved little lilac point lived to 18. Lordy that was hard...

Yep...you're in for trouble. Nothing spells trouble like a kitten! He'll play in your bath tub...and climb your curtains. lol But then get all spikey and bounce side ways at you and its soooo funny.
    He loves to zoom across the tile floor and drift. Of course he misjudges it and bonks his head into the metal trashcan, it's too funny!
    larry
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigflytrap/
    Save a tree, legalize cannabis.
    Be enlightened

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on the new kitty!

Reminds me of the time when I got my pup when she was only 6 weeks old. Sleepless nights, endless worries.... it is like having a baby.
    -Joel from Southern California

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool! I like cats.

The first LACPS meeting I went to DJ had brought Fay Wray and I guess it was Amy's cat that was there too. Any group that has dogs and cats at the meetings is worthwhile in my book.

Are you going to bring Homer to a future meeting sometime?
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gahhh, I love Homer's little gremlin pic best too... While on the topic of cats: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXBL6bzAR4

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast