What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just got alot of new plants today! I ordered 6 plants but ended up with maybe 10 in all. I'm so happy! Most of them are much bigger than expected. I'm also using a different camera with macro and super macro settings :D I took alot of pictures.

D. Aliciae
Jamesplants2005.jpg

Jamesplants2001.jpg

VFT B52
Jamesplants2008.jpg

Jamesplants2009.jpg

S. Rubra (I think there's two, there's two places where leaves grow from)
Jamesplants2010.jpg

P. Moranensis
Jamesplants2012.jpg

N. Truncata
Jamesplants2013.jpg

A big pitcher
Jamesplants2014.jpg

The leaves are huge! (to me)
Jamesplants2015.jpg

D. Binata
Jamesplants2016.jpg

Group shot of almost all of my plants, besides the mini bog
Jamesplants2017.jpg

And a few other things

My mini bog
Jamesplants2018.jpg

VFT Flower bud
Jamesplants2019.jpg

D. Capensis flower
Jamesplants2004.jpg

nice, but I would move your b52 and the S. rubra outside go put them in your minibog if you have to. Oh and those d. capensis flower each flower actuates self pollination and produces like a hundred seed, wait until the flowers all turn black and then snip it off or you can harvest each flower one by one as they each ripen. Sometimes the flowers at the bottom ripen a month or two before the flowers at the top.

Yeah, I already put the VFT and S. Rubra outside, they were just inside for me to take pictures. How long do D. Capensis flowers take to ripen and make seed?

wow nice pic, i wouldnt consider those shot macro though, i thought mine was macro... it wasnt.... i read a true macro has to be like 1:1 or 2:1
not sure though.
my capensis doesnt have flower yet though :)
good luck with all those seedlings.

I only have two real pots to use, so I'll have to salvage whatever I can. Could one of those containers that have the little hole/indents in them for eggs be used as a seed flat?

cool man, give those plants a little bit of time and they'll look fantastic. looks like you also got a utricularia in there with the s. rubra.

Congrats on the plants! Can´t wait to see photos of them growing.

Back