Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Job opportunity in GA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PAK, there's a lot he shouldn't tell any potential employer.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozzy if you get this I fully expect your to help me get a specimen
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen so many job postings like that lately..with tons of really obscure "necessary" qualifications..

"Must have a masters degree in shopping cart construction, with 17 years experience rebuilding carburetors, lived in Guam for 2 years, born on a Tuesday, and 5 years experience working as a secretary for Marilyn Monroe."

I mean, who has ALL the qualifications for many of these job openings??
    no one..

I have a theory..my wife has been job hunting for 2 years, so we have seen this a lot.

My theory is that the internet has destroyed the "posting for a job" process for employers..
    because every idiot in the world applies for EVERY job..a waitress will apply for a Nasa engineering job because she figures "hey, it cant hurt"..and its easy to apply for jobs on-line..and employers get a billion applications for every job, and two out of the billion might actually be from qualified canidates..there is a lot of "job application spam" going around.
    useless applications..

So in an attempt to "narrow the field" a bit, they start listing all kinds of really obscure job qualifications, listing every really minute detail they would like their IDEAL canidate to have..hoping that maybe half of the billion applicants will actually think a bit, and maybe decide not to apply..and if someone has at least SOME relevant experince, and could maybe actually do the job (like in the case of Ozzy and the job in this thread) maybe those people will apply..

I have no idea if my theory is true or not..but I have seen this kind of thing a lot more lately..I think its a backlash against the internet..

so IMO if you have at least SOME relevant experience to the job, and you think you could actually do the job well, apply, and tell them in the cover letter exactly what experince/education you have, and tell them why you think you could do the job..

Scot

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PAK, there's a lot he shouldn't tell any potential employer.
    I know. I was trying to be polite. hehe

They may not any applicants. Go for it! Long commute though. lol
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Ozzy,
    If you need a reference I've seen you use those tongs before in the Pine Barrens!
    there is a pleasure in being mad, which only a madman can enjoy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12