Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does this make me greedy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just thought I'd voice my personal opinion.

sorry if its not a popular one.

if you feel the need to treat me like a leper feel free

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh.....so being greedy is bad?!
    ....i guess you learn til you die!
    Best regards,
    Marius

My Website: http://droseragemmae.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a means that is legal to get those plants, then by all means get them. Greed has nothing to do with, imo. Enjoy your hamatas.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If Chris has offered you the plant for free, then I would consider it in poor taste to take the plant. If the intent behind giving you the plant was the have another person growing the species, then the purpose was destroyed by the fact that you've already got / are getting another one.

If it weren't happening at the same time it would be fine. That is, if Chris offered you the plant for free, knowing that you already had one (say, for breeding purposes or something) OR if you weren't sure if the one Christ gave you would make it, or you just really like N. hamata and you decided to buy another one, that would be fine too.

Assuming that the plant was offered for free, and based on the assumption that you did not have a plant, I would agree with Chris. If the conditions in which the offer was made have changed, I don't think that it would be unfair for Chris to retract his offer. If it's his intent to "spread the love," then giving the plant to someone who already has one (or is in the process of obtaining another) defeats the purpose.

If the agreement involved payment or trade, then I do not believe that trying to get 2 plants would be out of line. Having many of a single type of plant is fine, obtaining multiple for free is sapping the general good will.

I dont need to remain anonymous I'm a big boy and I'm okay with talking right out in the open I just thought I'd PM you out of courtesy.
    I believe that Kristoffer was trying to do the right thing by not giving names. In another topic about a dispute, someone gave his name and he expressed that he'd rather not have his name attached to the discussion. I think he's just trying to "do unto others..."

If you guys feel that you'd like to involve a mod, feel free to shoot me a PM or find me on AIM.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uh... cmm889... There are a lot of N. hamata. Why can't he just have his plants? He got a second plant, so, I don't see why you should dictate what he does. That's not greedy. Many people have greenhouses full of em. Many people WANT A Cephalotus but can't afford them. But, I have two. Am I greedy? No. One is a different variety. It's called collecting. Are Greenhouses greedy because they have hundreds if not thousands of certain rare plants? I have a large Cephalotus, so, I got a small one from good old Adnedarn to experience the full pleasure of growing it from a tiny thing to a larger plant. Doesn't make me greedy. I paid for both. He may have got one free, but, if this "Chris" would like to retract his offer, then he can, if he feels the same way. However, you shouldn't dictate it and tell people what they should do and how they should do it. It shouldn't really be any of your business.

Honestly...
    - NeciFiX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he's getting 2 for free, then yes, it's a bit greedy. If he paid for them, then he has the right to obtain as many as he pleases. We are missing some details from the story.
    larry
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigflytrap/
    Save a tree, legalize cannabis.
    Be enlightened

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am paying for both

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if he was getting them for free I do not consider him greedy since they are two different clones. It is call variety and the only way to have a chance to get a male and female. All be it a small chance. With the seed grown plant has a 50/50 chance to be a female. He just has to grow it out. Now I would consider him greedy if he was seeking out for free every hamata he can get his hands on. These were offered to him. Who in their right mind would turn down the offer if they had the cash to spend? No one. This is just silly and proves to me how envious some people are of others.

I guess I am greedy too Kris. Last year I received a bunch of Sarrs from a friend who was getting out of growing them. They were several large plants that I was able to divide. In that bunch of plants there was a division of S. "Leah Wilkerson" and S. HCW(the HCW turned out not to be true but that was no confirmed till it flowered). Then another member sent me his division of S. "Leah Wilkerson" and S. HCW that he recieved from the same individual. Now I did give away one of the S. HCW and that is how I figured out it waas not a true S. HCW. Now I still have both S. "Leah Wilkerson" and plan on keeping them for a little bit. One is not pitchering properly so it is a backup plan. I am not currently seeking out another plant and have not been offered another. So Am I greedy because I have two S. "Leah Wilkerson"? I received them around the same time last summer. Yet by the PM posted here I am a greedy person. Because if I am not mistaken "Leah Wilkerson" is more rare than hamata is right now and cannot be found for sale like hamata. Yet I am a very generous member here and have sent boxes of plants with 11-13 different species of plants for the cost of shipping. I have sent seeds out for SASE and I have given away a HCW when I believed it was a real HCW. I give away plants and seeds all the time. They may not be the hamata or "Leah Wilkerson" every beginner wants to get as a gift but I have gotten several people started with many many many other plants I have divided off my plants or with seeds.

So Kris just know your not alone.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast