What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm new to all this.

Ok so I was bored one day on the internet and for some odd reason started looking at Carnivorous Plants then found this forum and really started reading. I know most of yall hate the idea of have VFTs in the house but I'm moving to an apartment for college soon and would really like to have a couple VFTs in my room. Now for my question lighting. I used to have a 10 gal saltwater tank in which I still have the light that I used for it and my question is do you think it will be good for VFTs? here's a link to it http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3733+13734&pcatid=13734
Thanks in advance

Welcome to TF! I'm not entirely sure if it will or not, but you'll probably need T8s or T5s for the VFTs.

Welcome to TF!

Check out vraev's threads. He started out as a college student living in a dorm and grew VFT's quite successfully in a terrarium. He posted lots of detailed posts.

You can see all threads started by him HERE.

Remember flytraps can grow well indoors under lights, but more effort will be required to initiate and provide a proper dormancy when compared to growing them outside.

Good luck.

Back