Thread: "Hello 911? Can I have extra pickles?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Hello 911? Can I have extra pickles?"

Man Dials 911, Complains About Sandwich
    Sauce-Less Sub Prompts Man To Call 911

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The sauce for a spicy Italian sandwich was apparently a must-have for one Jacksonville man who authorities said called emergency operators about a sauce-less sub.

Police said 42-year-old Reginald Peterson called 911 multiple times from an Arlington Subway restaurant, but what they said happened was anything but an emergency.

Peterson initially called the emergency number on Thursday so that officers could have his subs made correctly, according to a police report.

"I went in the Subway sandwich shop and ordered two sandwiches and I paid almost $12 for the sandwich. I did not get the sandwich made the way to be made the way I wanted to," the man told the emergency operator.

"He actually called 911 to tell us that he needed our assistance because his sandwich was improperly made," said Jacksonville Sheriff's Office spokesman Ken Jefferson.

The second call was to complain that police officers weren't arriving fast enough.

Subway workers told police that Peterson became belligerent and yelled when they were fixing his order. They locked him out of the store when he left to call police.

"They locked the door on me. They got the sandwiches I paid for inside the store. I'm not leaving here until I got what I paid for. I'm not going to sit and pay $12 or $10 for some sandwiches and not get what I paid for," Peterson told the operator during his second call to 911.

"Then, he calls a third time and wanted to know where police were. Once we arrived he was totally irrational," Jefferson said.

Police said not only did Peterson call 911 three times, but they said he even started yelling at them.

"He was obviously having a bad day and he was going to take it out on anybody he could, and he verbally took it out on the restaurant and he took it out on us when we went to assist him," Jefferson said.

When officers arrived, they tried to calm Peterson and explain the proper use of 911. Those efforts failed, and he was arrested on a charge of making false 911 calls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only in Florida! What a stupid person. I hate people like that. I'm glad he got arrested. Idiot.
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't there another one of these where some soccer mom freaked out because they were out of the stuff to make the kind of sandwich that her kid wanted? Surreal.
    ~Joe

PS - How would you ever live down a stunt like this? I bet this guy is looking for a new neighborhood to move to.
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll bet the guy still thinks he was wronged. This kind of person doesn't have a grasp on reality or rationality. He won't move, he'll be looking for an award for bringing to light the injustice caused by Subway.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Redneck rampage!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow...That's just sad... >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper7 View Post
    Only in Florida!
    Unforunately...
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capensis View Post
    Wow...That's just sad... >_>

Unforunately...
    not only if Florida.....but 2 years ago we had one call 911 cause the local grocery store was out of frozen Banquet chicken......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast