What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

leafhopper

upper

Capensis Killer
i need some help, i think these bugs are sucking the life outa my plant. there are occasional brown spot and burnt spot where they are. there's a hole in one of my sarracenia now.
when i see the smaller green ones, i just squish it, but now there's a WAYYY bigger ones, bigger than ants and its brown. it just doesnt feel right squishing the big one, is there anything i can do to get rid of them? they're not only on my CPs but in my houseplant too.

3.jpg

enemydown.jpg

Try submerging the plant in water for a few hours. If that doesn't work get so insectides. Just remember to apply them outside

umm, these bugs can fly, and what would submerging the plant in water do? i squish em and make them all fly away, an hour later i come back and they're back at the same plant.

this is getting really bad now, i see a bunch of red spot on my sarracenia, burnt mark, hood getting crispy. i went to check closely, there's hundreds of them when i shake it, i looked closer and they wont move. when i get my hand near them to squish them, they walk sideway and hide somewhere else. i checked under the hoods of my sarracenia, they were there too.... under my clumping VFT. but surprisingly none on any of my sundews.....

Use your sundews to thin the infestation. If they get very bad it is time to look into some pesticides.

this is getting really bad now, i see a bunch of red spot on my sarracenia, burnt mark, hood getting crispy. i went to check closely, there's hundreds of them when i shake it, i looked closer and they wont move. when i get my hand near them to squish them, they walk sideway and hide somewhere else. i checked under the hoods of my sarracenia, they were there too.... under my clumping VFT. but surprisingly none on any of my sundews.....

what brand/type of pesticide should i use?

Aren't leaf hoppers harmless??

-Ben

the last time i had them i squished it.

Back