Likes Likes:  0

Thread: You saw a nepenthes where!?!

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level DavyJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You saw a nepenthes where!?!

This weekend I was at huge Fair/Festival in the city of Cranger in Germany, and was on my way to the tent celebrating Bavarian liquid culture.... and saw a tent that was selling interesting plants. As it turns out, they had about 6 or 7 fairly large N. Ventratas for sale at the cost of 500 points. I have no idea how much 1 point cost, but I am guessing from the venue that it was probably expensive. Sadly, I did not have a camera with me at the time. Interest enough, the plants were in excellent condition, with the huge clump of pitchers that ventratas are known for. I was pretty surprised.
    "We are in a sense the Universe trying to understand itself. By Observing it we are observing what we are." - Phillip Plait

Growlist: Updated 1/11/12 http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110846

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's pretty cool. My friend Jenny said that when she went to Amsterdam she saw all these flower shops with big (basket-sized) Neps for the equivalent of about $13-15 and wanted to buy them for me. I wish the phytosanitary certifications wouldn't have made it preposterously expensive.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~