Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: risked my life for a PSP?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's pretty scary, i should probably follow what EdaxFlamma said, just keep walking. he said hey twice and the third time if i didnt turn around none of this woulda ever happened. but stupid me turned around and almost got robbed/killed.
    Happy Holiday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you got ok. Sucks living in the big city, IMO, hence I've left that life behind me. But on my overnights, quite frequently I'm walking around in areas that I'm not familiar with just in search of food. The worst was in Milwaukee. A real ragged and belligerent bum was getting up in my face demanding money. I kept walking and telling him buzz off (well not so nice as that). He ended up getting right in my face and straight up demanded my wallet. I cold cocked him in the nose. It caught him off guard and gave me a chance to slip inside a busy restaurant. I asked the employees for an alternate way out, and I never saw him again.

We did have crewmember killed in Mexico last year. I won't walk around down there. Way too many kidnappings. Way too many of my coworkers have been mugged and beat up. And being that I'm crew and have to pass through TSA and customs, I can't carry even so much as pepper spray.

Ah well, be careful out there. Glad you kept your psp. Maybe get a pepper spray or taser. Hey, bear spray would be a hoot to hit him with!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would consider an easy 1hko thing. taser would be nice if it knocked him down for a few minute.
    Happy Holiday

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a ******* shame. I think every last thug and thug want to be should be taken and beaten the crap out of them to teach them some manners. My word, does every ******* thug want to be have to show out in front of their friends? It is sad that those lame looser a-holes in LA have to be like that. They cannot settle things like a real man. Instead they have to have a gun to feel like a big man.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad you're ok. That would have scared the crap out of me. Am I the only one that would have called the cops when I got home and reported this? I just noticed that nobody has mentioned that. I guess in LA this happens a lot and unless someone is actually hurt, they don't report it? I'm just saying, the next time this loser does this again, he may have a weapon and use it. Again, I'm glad you're alright. You're gutsy!
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cops have not been able to do anything about those gangs so far and when they did it backfired on them. Then the Rodney King crap happened so the folks out that way do not trust the cops much to do anything about the gangs until they do do something because it has back fired in the past. That is my thinking anyway.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow wish that had been me. I never get the chance to shoot people.

Seriously though yeah he'd have been in the surprise of his life if he'd have pulled that crap on me or somebody else that ALWAYS carries a firearm.

"Let me just get it here it's at my 4:30 position on my belt or in my pocket... AHA! HERE IT IS!"

*pulls out gun draws down and thumbs personal cell phone 911 on personal cell phone*

"Now hold still while we wait for the police to arrive for you threatening to rob/kill me."

Although really I don't think it would be that simple. I think it would require possibly something more that indicates that there was a real threat like a weapon. I don't believe you are legally justified in pulling a firearm to defend yourself over a verbal threat unless there are extenuating circumstances like a weapon in the aggressor's hands. If he did not in fact have a weapon it would be your word against his although the police side with the person that called them first 99% of the time.

The sad thing is the same rules would not apply to a police officer since some animals are more equal than others. You tell a cop you are going to shoot them, weapon or no weapon and expect to be looking down the barrel of the cop's sidearm.

Anyway my best advice for you living in CA or anywhere is, get a can of FOX Labs pepperspray. That stuff will save your life, and it could have in this case had your legs not been fast enough. EVERYBODY should at least carry something like pepperspray. There'd be a lot less crime if they did. Unfortunately nobody these days seems to take their personal safety/security seriously. We do not live in a world of lollipops and gumdrops and there are plenty of people out there that will hurt or even kill you if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as an avid knife carrier (even though I haven't been carrying one lately), I will say that it is a nice tool and somewhat comforting in shaky situations, but in this situation I would advise AGAINST pulling one. A stun gun is readily available and more effective, but you're in LA-just babble something at him in spanish like you don't understand him and move on!

Ultimately, yes it was stupid to resist but I might have done the same after assessing the situation if I thought that he was bluffing. Maybe a swift kick in the package. It may be a low blow, but you do what you need to in this situation to live.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast