User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever used a Mind Wave Stimulator?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone ever used a Mind Wave Stimulator?

I've been looking at picking up this model: http://cgi.ebay.com/Zen-Master-Light...QQcmdZViewItem
    it includes full programability for the glasses and the convenience of a personal CD player for whatever kind of music you want. I'm just curious if anyone here has used one and what your thoughts on the experience was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your money would be better spend on....anything else. Mind machines? Let's get serious here. I've looked at the product on ebay, and apparently all it does is play random noise over whatever music you want. $175 much better spend elsewhere. "Zen master"? Lol!!!!!! The only sites that routinely come up for this nonsense are, well...nonsense....because allt hese sites just so happen to sell mind machines as well. It's like when people tell me "Chinese medicine" works. No...it doesn't. Period. That's why it's called "Chinese medicine" and not real medicine. Sure....eating a tiger ******* is going to increase penile cGMP levels by binding to guanylate cyclase in just the same fashion.........

Here's an awesome quote I found about "mind machines":
    Intermittent use is not effective until you have learned how to respond to the stimulation.
    HAHAHA. Can no one else see the gimmick in that? Besides the fact that it isn't proven, of course....
    The only sites that have anything on the topic are awakening-mind-by-enlightened-enterprises.com, crystal-inn.com, mindmodulations.com, etc.
    Hmm...I wonder why nothing from the American Medical Association, American Osteopathic Association, Popular Science, etc is showing up....

You want to be healthy? Look at your diet. Don't waste your money.
    Diet is the number 1 cause of almost all non-genetic problems.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phission, such a downer man! LMAO! I happen to agree with you about the machine it is a waste, but I would not down chinese medicine so fast. When done as a whole and used with a proper diet that the chinese ate, true chinese, that is. Not the Americanized stuff we eat. Then it may just work to keep you healthy. I agree with you 100% that the diet is the number 1 cause of almost all non-genetic problems. That is why the chinese medicine does not work if your just trying to use bits ane peices of it. Following the book I have been reading, there are reasons certain foods are eaten with another food and so forth, but because we do not have a true cuasine and are constantly changing our diets is one of the main reasons we as a country are geting sicker.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some Chinese or Traditional or whatever you want to call them medicines do work, which is why Big Pharma spends a lot of effort trying to isolate and patent what's in them. You're absolutely right about diet, although I'd add smoking to make a list of two things that are behind an unbelievably large proportion of American health problems.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These glasses are a gimmick. If they're based on any science at all, it's probably some sort of hypnotic state/subliminal suggestion kind of thing, which, whether you buy into that stuff or not, is not equivalent to, or even on the same tangent as, meditation. Noise generators help you concentrate like a crutch helps you walk - you learn to depend on the tool. If you really want to enhance your powers of relaxation and concentration, learn to meditate in a child care center or a social services office. If you really need a white noise generator to keep from getting distracted, you can find a dozen computer programs that'll do the same thing for less than $10. Come to think of it, you could just get yourself one of those "ocean sounds" CDs and a strobe light and trip out on your media player's visualizer.
    PK, I've really got to call you on the Chinese medicine comment. The Chinese have about 5000 more years of medical history than Western techniques and were doing surgery on fully anesthetized patients when our ancestors were still pillaging their neighbors. Most Chinese medicine is preventative, focused on proper diet and daily habits, but that's not what you hear about in the States because we're too busy boggling over how anyone could survive on a diet that isn't based on Lucky Charms and cheeseburgers. You're totally right in the individual case; there are plenty of sensational examples of ridiculous, obscure herbal remedies. But, that's not the case in general and I think it's rather hypocritical that you can assert a "scientific" point of view and still offer such an uninformed appraisal.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the opinions but no one's actually tried one personally somewhere?

No I'm not into Chinese meds or any of that "magical" stuff used to help wipe out tigers and rhinos. I don't believe twigs and berries alone will cure diseases such as DIabetes and Heart Disease. I'm not worried about my health even if I "should be". I can't be too bad off, I haven't been to a doctor since I was 12 and I'll be 33 before long. I don't know why medicine came up on what I consider a techie toy?

Anyway I was just curious about the black box glasses sets cos I've been seeing them on/off in books & magsfor years. I know it has a dumb *** name but I didn't name the thing - I choose it because it was the only model which has it's own CD player. I got word from the seller today that you can't use regular CDs but only the special encoded ones. Since this doesn't work the way I want I'm no longer interested in it at all. If it were a custom light show for any CD I'd probly be all over it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These glasses will flash different color lights at the lids of your closed eyes. This will cause your eyes to "see things" like swirls and patterns much like you were on an acid trip.

In the early 90's during the Lollapalooza tours they had these masks that you could put on your face, lay down in the sun, and blow through a straw. This would cause the "flashing" or strobing effect that would cause you to see color trails, swirls, and patterns that would move and change speed depending on the frequency of the strobing. This was later duplicated by "relaxation" spas with a pair of glasses that would be timed with music to give you the same experience. If you want a cheaper way to do this, go to Spencer's and buy a $10 strobe light and have someone flash it on your closed eyes. As they change the speed of the strobe the patterns and shapes will change.
    Feed me Seymour.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast