User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite carnivorous plant?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neps usually....but depending on my mood, sometimes sars, and even drosophyllum (rarely, though, because the fact I can't grow them to save my life is a real downer).
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cephalotus is certainly high on the charts (particularly those I've raised either from seed or cuttings), so too ultra-highland Nepenthes (villosa, macrophylla, hamata, etc.) and Heliamphora. While I generally like Sarracenia, I prefer perennials and not species which reduce to phylodia and /or next to nothing while in dormancy. I prefer to see something in a pot year-round for my efforts.

The favourites also fluctuate with the course of the year, as new leaves develop and cuttings -- hopefully -- become small plants . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neps and Cephs....i also love Sarras but Neps and cephs are my fav.

dude...cut down stream not across radjess331's Avatar
    Redlands, Sanbernardino County, California, United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lolz.....sadly....my favorite plant is probally the lest likely of all cp's to be favorite of anyones.....

so that why i chose it! mwhahahahahahahahahahaha.....see......I out smartededdeddeded you all....hehehehehehehehehehe......

lolz.......

o yea.....forgot with my little (blush) laughing rant to actually say what my favorite plant is.....

UtRiCuLaRiA gIbBa...........

*****PaRtY hArD rOcK'n RoLl We'Re ThE ClAsS yOu CaN't CoNtRoL ThE gUyZ aRe HoT ThE GiRlS aRe FiNe We'Re ThE ClAsS oF 2009!!!!*****
    PaRtY hArD rOcK'n RoLl We'Re ThE ClAsS yOu CaN't CoNtRoL ThE gUyZ aRe HoT ThE GiRlS aRe FiNe We'Re ThE ClAsS oF 2009!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its between bical and amp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBella View Post
    Cephalotus is certainly high on the charts, so too ultra-highland Nepenthes (villosa, macrophylla, hamata, etc.) and Heliamphora. While I generally like Sarracenia, I prefer perennials and not species which reduce to phylodia or next to nothing while in dormancy.

I prefer to see something in a pot year-round for my efforts . . .

I agree. One reason why I love Cephalotus is that it's a compact pitcher plant that grows year round. Nepenthes are nice, but they get too large and eventually outgrow their space.

A sarracenia purpurea would be nice if they grew year round, but unfortunately they have a dormany period. Same with the Venus Fly Trap

Seriously, if someone could adapt a variety of Venus Fly Trap to grow year round, that would be a hot seller. In addition to "dente", "all green", "all red", etc, how cool would it be if there was a "grows year round" Venus Fly Trap?
    "I may be on the side of angels, but do not mistake me for one."

Wolfn's Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cephs would be my fav if I could grow one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
    One reason why I love Cephalotus is that it's a compact pitcher plant that grows year round.
    I thought they did go dormant, but are evergreens o_o. *Must be going crazy *

Edit: Oh wait...I think it's either that, or it just slows or stops during Winter.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast