Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camera Shopping... looking for advice

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Larry! For the lark of it I'm going to run this by Michelle. She was the first one to help me with that garbagy "complimentary" Earthlink camera. I got what I paid for - nothing. The best it could do was this, taken 4 years ago:

I'd really love to have the camera that produced these:

But that camera was my supervisor's and it came with a manual that was 2" thick and automatically adjusts to light and distance. It also cost a few hundred bucks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    stick with the canon powershot series... but as mentioned previously, get a tripod for these exposures...

they make tiny tripods for macro use... they work wonders for these guys...
    you'll also want to make sure you use your timer function to shoot these guys... most digitals dont have cable release shutters like old 35mm, but the timer function keeps you from pushing the actual button to take the picture... when your macro'd in that close your finger pushing moves the picture frame and causes more blurring...

just a small tip...

if you need help using the camera shoot me a PM.

I think I've got a pretty good photo education

Chris

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Chris! I'm used to using a camera that has me depress the shutter partway, to focus, before actually clicking. Is that related to what you are talking about?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah exactly, for most photo's it doesn't matter becuase the shutter speed will be quick enough to compensate for your moving the camera that tiny amount...

in some macro's though since you dont want to use an overhead flash in order to cut on "washing out" your photo's, ( photo looks too bright due to the flash being too powerful and too close to the subject ).

so without that flash your shutter speeds drop your more likely to deal with blurring photo's... with a tripod and a timer you shouldnt have to worry about anything other than a leaf blowing

hope that was alittle easier to understand?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll have to get back to you on that. Gotta get to work!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a chance to talk more with the gal at Home Depot about the camera situation. The $30 camera didn't work. The $15 camera isn't worth it. The $150 camera was one that her brother bought for $300 but now doesn't want it. It's a Pentax camera, which I've never heard of.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/MFR1...Pentax_reviewshttp://www.imaging-resource.com/MFR1...Pentax_reviews

I'm just going to save up money from personal car use at my lab job until I can buy it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12