Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Girl in Fatal Wreck Sent Text Message Moments Before Crash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xvart View Post
    Yeah, I hate it when people are talking about their law school assignments and the LSAT while driving.

xvart.
    LOL! Goofball
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might be going on thin ice here but I don't see any problem with normal conversation while driving, provided the person you're speaking with is in the car with you and you're not a "hands talker" (someone who's hands have to be moving when your lips are). Looking at the person you're talking to while driving is a bad idea though.

They also recently passed a law here where there can only be two kids 18 or younger in a car together. How they'll enforce it without pulling over everyone anytime they see 2 or more people in car to ask for IDs will be interesting to see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a major accident out here in Rochester a year ago..
    FIVE girls, had just graduated from highschool the week before, headed down to a cottage for the weekend..all 5 killed when they swerved into the other lane and hit a tractor trailer head-on.

there were reports of some text messages going back and forth between the girls in the car and other friends elsewhere...the media glossed over it, it couldnt be 100% proven, but one text message was sent seconds before the crash, from the phone of the girl driving, but its not known if the driver was actually the one doing the texting..IMO, its obvious she was. IMO they all died because of texting while driving.

there were actually two cars of girls, all friends going to the same place..
    the girls in the second car witnessed the whole thing up close..

They also recently passed a law here where there can only be two kids 18 or younger in a car together.
    I think that is a GREAT idea!
    they say teenage boys are the worst drivers..but IMO there is nothing more dangerous on the road than a big pack of teenage girls in the same car..

Scot

dude...cut down stream not across radjess331's Avatar
    Redlands, Sanbernardino County, California, United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had several classes with her she was really nice.........

cant believe what happened......

......but I have personally been in an accident cause I was txting....it wasnt a bad one....I backed into a pole....but yeah lolz........

What they arent mentioning though is the fact that the roads here in redlands are horrible....

Most people in my highschool have rolled cars in redlands......

I rolled my car recently also....it was me and 8 friends....we were talking and the boulder side of one of the roads shifted and a boulder went into the road....I hit it...swerved one way...tried to compensate and rolled the car.....

but yea.....I know some stuff that they also didnt mention in that post....like that she died in may...this isnt a recent thing......

meaning she was txting before the law came out.....thank god it wasnt me txting her though...i would have been in big trouble....luckily i had only txted her a few times the days before......

also it wasnt her txting that caused her to crash.......

she was drunk.....she had just come from drinking with my friends.....

.......so yea....just a little more info to add to this.....
    PaRtY hArD rOcK'n RoLl We'Re ThE ClAsS yOu CaN't CoNtRoL ThE gUyZ aRe HoT ThE GiRlS aRe FiNe We'Re ThE ClAsS oF 2009!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too many people drive while distracted; whether it's by friends, cell phones, children, lunch, music, alcohol or whatever doesn't really matter. If you aren't focused on driving, you're a threat to yourself and anyone unfortunate enough to be with you or nearby. I feel sorry for the people the girls left behind. People, especially teens, are inclined to believe their behavior isn't risky or that it'll be ok this time.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just find it rather ridiculous that a 16 year old girl was speeding down the highway drunk (and probably with other substances in her system), and her mom is trying to raise awareness about the dangers of texting and driving.
    I dunno, it just seems there's so many things wrong with this picture that there's something else the mom could be trying to raise awareness about.

dude...cut down stream not across radjess331's Avatar
    Redlands, Sanbernardino County, California, United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkyhunks View Post
    I just find it rather ridiculous that a 16 year old girl was speeding down the highway drunk (and probably with other substances in her system), and her mom is trying to raise awareness about the dangers of texting and driving.
    I dunno, it just seems there's so many things wrong with this picture that there's something else the mom could be trying to raise awareness about.
    um yea no she would never have taken any other drugs.....our group doesn't do drugs....we may drink but we dont do drugs.......

jeez I wish the news report that this person quoted made things way more clear for people....rather then just giving a vague description.......
    PaRtY hArD rOcK'n RoLl We'Re ThE ClAsS yOu CaN't CoNtRoL ThE gUyZ aRe HoT ThE GiRlS aRe FiNe We'Re ThE ClAsS oF 2009!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People are well aware of the danger of driving drunk, including most of those driving drunk at this very moment. So the mother's efforts are probably better spent on highlighting the cell phone/texting risk. If she thinks so and wants to make the effort, good for her. Too many of us, myself included, don't act on our beliefs as often as we should.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast