Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Preparing for the storm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I just moved everything inside. And I thought Charlie was Cat 3. Oh well.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's amazing that a place that gets so much rain has such a water shortage. Good luck tomorrow, even if it is a relatively lightweight hurricane.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks herenorthere

Cap, it may have been, I'm not positive.
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was here for Charlie. It made landfall as a category 4, when it reached Central Florida it was a category 2. It went straight over Kissimmee. I lost power for 6 days and had 48 thousand dollars of damage on the house according to the insurance company. I'm sorry people but I agree with Gov. Crist on this one, "There is no such thing as a minimal hurricane." It is apathetic thinking like that that causes people do do stupid things or not take precautions.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's funny. The hurricane I was in was named Charlie. But y'all are probably talking about the other Charlie. I was surprised they recycled a name so quickly. The day after Charlie everyone was selling "I survived Hurricane Charlie" T-shirts. I bought two.

Cat 1s can definitely cause damage and injury. Hurricane Isabel blew through Richmond and caused a tremendous amount of damage. To this day, there isn't a park you can walk through where you don't see tons of downed trees. It's very sad...they look like fallen giants.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not so bad so far, but still heading way.

PAK, I know how you feel, I used to have a small bunch of pine trees and Hurricane Francis knocked a goot lot of them down and we had to cut/pull out the other ones to prevent property damage. I still miss them
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow only 4-6 days at most for you guys? i lived in jacksonville when we had the 4 in a row ordeal. we lost power for 2 weeks. it sucked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never lost power for more than about 6 hours. It still looks like a regular storm.

Heheh...this reminds me of when Katrina came in and hit Southern Florida, it was Cat 1 and one of my teachers put on the board "Katrina's weak!" And then it hit as a Cat 5. I really don't want anything like that anytime soon.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast