Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Preparing for the storm

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hurricanes can be fun or they can be hell. I've been through a lot of them and I've seen the fun side and the not so fun side. I almost lost my life right after hurricane Fran. So I know how bad things can be.

Fay looks like one of the fun ones, you just need to use common sense and you'll be ok.
    This storm may cross into the Atlantic, strengthen and then head straight to where I live. I hope so, I need some more fun and we need the rain.

If you want to see one of the fun hurricanes I've been though, you can read about my adventure with hurricane ophelia a few years back.

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=99933

The pics are no longer there, but you cane click here to see the pics.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=1907144

or go to myspace.com/voodoodancer click pics, then look for the album called Hurricane Ophelia.

Have fun and be safe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post

Fay looks like one of the fun ones, you just need to use common sense and you'll be ok.
    Obviously, this person didn't.

http://www.weather.com/multimedia/vi...m=hp_main_tab3
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also thought the green hue was associated with a tornado. We had a tornado warning at the time as well. Jeff told me the sky could get like that when we have a hurricane/tornado.

Mark I can't see your pics because I would need to sign up

Capensis, OMG I saw that yesterday on the news and that guy is an idiot! Now he's in critical condition. WHY would you do such a thing when we have a storm! I'm not trying to be mean, but if you're going to do stupid things like that, then you deserve the consequences. I bet he won't do that again!
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting lots of rain/wind here since all day yesterday. How's the flooding in your area? <----That question was for anybody in FL.
    Great Googly Moogly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have any flooding yet, but it is still raining hard. The ground is so soggy though, all of my papaya trees are starting to lean. I think I'm going to stake them today after work so the stay straight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will, my backyard had about 4 or more inches of water at some point, and even higher before we even went outside. We took a little tour around and everything is quite flooded. Some people got stuck, while tons of people were having fun outside kayaking . Fish actually were able to swim on roads. There's a man-made canal right in front of my house and it's usually half full, but it over flowed, and I have a small strech of land to get to my house, practically a bridge, and it became part of the canal and fish skimmed over it. In all, it was amazing, but some parts were bad. Many parts of my town has untouched forests, and after the flooding, they looked like they were untouched by man, looking like a real swamp, like Florida used to be. But, we still have some more rain coming.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I guess we got our tropical storm for our area yesterday and today. My power just came back on and it went out yesterday at 4:20pm, so that sucked, but I guess I'm greatful it wasn't out for days. We got lots of rain and wind. Lost one of our trees. My mother-in-law stayed at her bf's place (which is a trailer) last night. She called this morning to let us know that the trailer burned down over night! Everyone is ok and got out safe, but the home is completely destroyed. The generator blew up. I hope everyone in FL is ok, I know some people got flooded pretty bad. On the news they interviewed a guy who was out delivering the morning paper, when he saw a log floating on the road. He drove closer and it turned out to be a 5 foot alligator! Swimming on the street! Crazy.
    Great Googly Moogly!

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when he saw a log floating on the road. He drove closer and it turned out to be a 5 foot alligator!
    They had video of the alligator.

Alligator

Playing with gators

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast