Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Preparing for the storm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Preparing for the storm

I'm just sitting here waiting for TS Fay to come through, but they said by the time it hits my area it might be a catagory 1. I'm kinda nervous, seeing as this is my first major storm. I hope everyone in Florida will be safe. If I'm not around it's cause I probably lost my power. Jeff doesn't have to go to work tomorrow, which I'm very happy about. I'd rather not be alone and not know how he's doing. Stay safe everybody in FL!
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cat 1s aren't that bad. Not that they don't do damage. I've been through a Cat 1 at the Outer Banks and loved every minute of it. lol

I am hoping this storm brings us rain soon...we are DESPERATE for rain!!! Everything is frying...drooping...dying.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was really hoping that this year would be like last year that we didn't get hit by anything. At least it's not a Cat 3 or higher. But, I'll probably have to bring my outside plants in for a day or two, I don't want anything happen to them!
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've already brought my plants in. Even if it's a cat.1 that's still a lot of rain coming and wind too.
    Great Googly Moogly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it going to make land fall and/or have effect on Mid-Florida tomorrow morning?
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hahaha cat 1s are nothing, like PAK said, i lived in florida for 14 years. the most damage from a cat 1 i saw was flood damage and a few downed trees.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know they're almost harmless, but I'm just worried about my plants and power. Now, if it were a Cat 3-5, that's a different story. There was this one hurricane, Hurricane Charlie, We didn't lose power nor signal, but it knocked down the tree I used to climb all the time. Really, I think the worst ones I've ever been through that I know of was Hurricane Francis and Jeanne.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Capensis, I heard that it'll be in our area between12-3pm tomorrow. I wasn't in the US when Charlie hit (I was still living in Canada), but Jeff was here and he lost his power for 4 days and one of his trees fell over onto the neighbors fence. That was a cat. 4 I believe.
    Great Googly Moogly!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast