Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Didn't quite make it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't quite make it...

Well i went to the DMV today to do a road test for my driver's licence. Everything started great, traffic was light, I kept below the speed limit, used my signals, didn't kill anybody, you know the normal stuff. The tester took me back to the DMV & told me to find a parking spot. I figured she was going to have me do all the parking tests. Then she says to turn the car off, the test was over. I failed.

The reason? While we are driving around she told me to pull over & park like I was going to leave the car overnight. I apparently pulled TOO far off the road & it was an automatic failure. Wait. What? Just yesterday someone was either killed or very seriously injured because they didn't pull far enough off the road when they had a flat tire & she got hit while changing it. Am I the only person that thinks it stupid to get failed over playing it safe? Anyway I take the test again next week & hopefully I will have a different tester.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sucks man. I failed my part of parallel parking cos I couldn't get my old huge buick in the cones space they had setup. The guy said "that's how far it has to be" well my car was longer than the spot they had cleared, not even a theoretical physicist could have rationalized it into that space. I could have got my Focus in there that I have now 15 years later cos it's 1/2 the size. I still just passed the test but lost all points for the parallel parking and for stopping over the crosswalks and not before them.

When I was going back in after my test another kid had failed and he got out of his car screaming, slamming the door, yelling and pointing at his tester. I figure he probly didn't pass the next time either if it was the same tester...

Hort. School dropout X 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hang in there jay !!
    better luck next week
    several years ago, i ? taught a young friend to drive. sure was a frightening experience for me.
    she had to take the driving part 4 times before she passed and then was in an accident 3 weeks ,after she got her license, not sure if it was her teacher's or her fault for the failures.
    Maybe a little of both.LOL
    Last edited by flytraplady5; 08-21-2008 at 09:39 PM. Reason: misspeeled words
    Every seed that you plant ,doesn't sprout.
    Every seed that sprouts, doesn't make it to maturity.
    Every cutting that you stick doesn't grow roots.
    Every cutting that roots doesn't grow to a small plant.
    Every small plant doesn't reach maturity.

Who needs speelcheck?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they just don't want to give it to you from the first attempt.....or she likes you and want to see you again
    Best regards,
    Marius

My Website: http://droseragemmae.com/

sea bear returns! theyellowdart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, this is weird...
    I went to the DMV to get my license today too. (I might need to make a thread tommorow in celebration)
    They seem to fail people for the stupidest things, and pulling over too far has to be at the top of the list.
    Better luck next time.
    growlist

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DMV employees = Civil Servants

Would you want a bureaucracy like this to run a national health service? I know that I don't...
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you'd rather have private examiners who get a commission for every driver they pass?

"Acme Driving Examiners - we may charge more but everbody passes"

Jaytab - be thankful the examiner didn't say anything earlier. You may have gotten upset and made other "errors". As far as judging whether or not you were too far off the road I suppose you'd have to look up the vehicle and municpal codes.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually the way MI has things set up it is done by a private company that you pay to get your driving test done. I know people who failed for driving 10 under on the highway. I personally failed the first time because let my car roll forward past the white line when I was stopped at a red light because the person behind me came flying up on me and actually had their tires squealing to avoid hitting me but I still lost points for crossing the white line. Which caused me to fail and have to retake it so more money in their pockets. So the lesson is follow the law even if it means getting in an accident.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast