Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hangin with gators

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8-17-08

When we first showed up Eleweeze was waiting for us. For some reason she kept her distance from us. Since she was there all the other gators stayed far away.

I promised my friend that I would get him close enough to touch a gator. Eleweeze was not getting close enough and she wouldn't let any of the other gators get within 50 feet. She seemed really grumpy too. She hissed at us and charged us. Then a van from Virginia pulled up. a man, and a few kids got out. A woman stayed in the van. My buddy told me to make the gator hiss. So I approached her and sure enough she hissed and charged at me with her mouth wide open. They all ran back to the van. It was so funny.
    The woman was yelling "Get back in the van!!"

At one point Eleweeze was just staring at my buddy. He's from NYC. I asked him "Do you know what she's thinking?"

He said "No what?"

I said she'd thinking "UUMMM yankee"

LOL

There was other gators all watching us but we couldn't get them to approach because of Eleweeze. One got a little too close and Eleweeze took off after him. She was on top of him before he could get away.

There was a bird that was standing on a stump for over 45 minutes.

Then I noticed something else near the stump.

One of the two will disapear in just a few minutes.

Can you guess which one?

Are you sure?

Wrong, it was the alligator.

Here's another bird.

Soon some people stopped a little ways down the lake and Eleweeze left and went towards them because she thought they would throw her food. When she left we started working on the other gators to try and get them to approach. We got two to get within 20 feet and then Eleweeze came back and they ran away.We worked over an hour to get them to approach and in a few seconds they were gone. So we tried to get Eleweeze to approach us. She would get within 10 feet and no closer. After a few hours of I guess she decided to get a little closer. She came right up to us. I was standing there looking down at her. I tapped on the wood of the dam I was standing on to see if she would react. She did. She started slowly rasing up out of the water straight at me. The first time she did it I thought she was going to come all the way onto the dock. I felt a feeling that I don't feel very often, fear. I jumped to the other side of the dam. She went back into the water. I tried it again and she did the same thing. This time I stood my ground. She put her head on the dam. It was amazing to look down at this huge preditor only inches away from me. When she raised up out of the water, she would bend her neck forward. This would cause her head to look even larger than it does when she's in the water. My goal was to touch her snout to get her to open her mouth. I was trying to get the nerve up, I told my buddy that she scares me. The other gators didn't, but she did. Something about her made me nervous. Here's the video.

Playing with gators

In the video it looks like I hit her on the snout, but it was a very light touch.

Here's a pic of my buddy thinking about trying what I did.

I got a video of this that I'm uploading right now. I'll post it as soon as it's done.

I just want to say that I have spent a lot of time with these gators, I have watched them for hours. Please do not try to do what I did.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that dock even finished!? Its only 3 boards thick! Also, I didn't realize the southern acceint was that strong. Maybe it was because my uncle from Geogria never talks.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not a dock, it's a flood dam.

You're just too use to hearing the New England accent.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    In the video it looks like I hit her on the snout, but it was a very light touch.
    It looks like she was laughing afterwords! Ozzy, I would volunteer to do anything!

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well get down here and grab a camera.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eleweeze
    Eloise?? (My mother's name)

Pretty soon will be the video of you being rushed to the emergency room with your arm bitten off. You'll only have one arm but you'll have a great video!

"Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eloise?? (My mother's name)

Is your mom missing her right eye?

I'm going to feel so bad if she is.
    Pretty soon will be the video of you being rushed to the emergency room with your arm bitten off. You'll only have one arm but you'll have a great video!
    I'll be just like Amos Moses then. I should have my own reality show.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast