User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Ready For The Sixth Annual Necps Show!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ant -

Hours for the public are 11am 4pm Saturday and 10 am to 3pm Sunday. Here's a link for your folks:

http://necps.org/?action=show&year=2008

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm bringing my rokko x spectabilis, a big pot of D. capensis, and maybe a N. xwrigleyana. Do I have to register them or anything? Also, I'm bringing a TON of packeted capensis seeds (As much as I can get from like 10 flower stalks) to give out to anyone who wants them! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Sorry, had to get that out.
    Insanity is a sane response to an insane world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I have to say is wow. The truncata in the entrance was awesome, not to mention the many nepenthes found all around the greenhouse. I ran into you WildBill, and I'm thinking of joining the society.

I managed to get the N. truncata "Pasian Highland" that I wanted, along with a N. sanguinea.
    The N. truncata
    One of the two pitchers on it.
    The N. sanguinea
    The nice looking pitcher it had.

Unfortunately, I'm not one to take pictures when I'm sight-seeing, so no pics of the show here.
    Last edited by r_miller; 09-28-2008 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Making genus names lower-case.
    My Grow-List!
    "Somewhere in Texas a village is missing its idiot"
    -----------------------Unknown Bumper-Sticker-----

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, the truncata were awesome, I just was bugged that every time I stood up straight I hit my head on nep pitchers. I also didn't take pics, I wish I did because my dad started asking me about all the plants. I got an ampullaria and some purp seed from Brownfield Maine. Jeff's ceph tank was awesome in person too. And just before I left I joined NASC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was great meeting everyone and a thrill to be around so many awesome carnivorous plants at one time.

I took photos, but am currently using a computer at the hotel, so I can't upload pics yet. We did take a group photo of most of the Terraforums members who were there.

For a crummy rainy day, we had a really good turnout. 240 people came thru. There was a news cameraman there filming. Jonah may have got on the local ABC TV news tonight doing the VFT feeding. If it got on TV, we may have even more folks Sunday.

Those Nepenthes when you first came in were incredible. The Heliamphoras were pretty amazing too.

In the NECPS silent auction there was a Drosera regia, Large Drosophyllum, and a Roridula among other items. I got beat out for the D. regia by another Terraformer... We will be having another NECPS Silent auction tomorrow maybe I'll have better luck.

Signing out for now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    where was the group photo? I missed it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i didnt get to go =[ plans dropped out!
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The group photo was in front of the table with quogue's crazy regia, that giant sibu x truncata, and JMatt's huge bowl of flytraps. It was sometime around 3:40, near the end of the show so maybe you left early like I did last year and missed it. Glider, too bad you couldn't come! Not to rub it in your face or anything, but it was great! I picked up D. scorpioides, D. callistos, D. regia (Sorry wildbill... hehe) and my first ceph! I also brought a rokko x spectabilis (which was right next to Wildbill's much bigger one XD) a pure spectabilis, and a pot of capensis with something like 20 flower stalks. There were tons of nice neps there, pics on the way!
    Insanity is a sane response to an insane world.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast