What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get Ready For The Sixth Annual Necps Show!!

It was great meeting everyone and a thrill to be around so many awesome carnivorous plants at one time.

I took photos, but am currently using a computer at the hotel, so I can't upload pics yet. We did take a group photo of most of the Terraforums members who were there.

For a crummy rainy day, we had a really good turnout. 240 people came thru. There was a news cameraman there filming. Jonah may have got on the local ABC TV news tonight doing the VFT feeding. If it got on TV, we may have even more folks Sunday.

Those Nepenthes when you first came in were incredible. The Heliamphoras were pretty amazing too.

In the NECPS silent auction there was a Drosera regia, Large Drosophyllum, and a Roridula among other items. I got beat out for the D. regia by another Terraformer... We will be having another NECPS Silent auction tomorrow maybe I'll have better luck.

Signing out for now...

where was the group photo? I missed it!

i didnt get to go =[ plans dropped out!

The group photo was in front of the table with quogue's crazy regia, that giant sibu x truncata, and JMatt's huge bowl of flytraps. It was sometime around 3:40, near the end of the show so maybe you left early like I did last year and missed it. Glider, too bad you couldn't come! Not to rub it in your face or anything, but it was great! I picked up D. scorpioides, D. callistos, D. regia (Sorry wildbill... hehe) and my first ceph! I also brought a rokko x spectabilis (which was right next to Wildbill's much bigger one XD) a pure spectabilis, and a pot of capensis with something like 20 flower stalks. There were tons of nice neps there, pics on the way!

pics!

unreal looking leucophyllas:
DSCF1417.jpg

Big bowl O' flytraps:
DSCF1418.jpg

Miranda:
DSCF1439.jpg

JMatt's tank of cephs:
DSCF1443.jpg

Cool lookin' purp
DSCF1450.jpg

The greenhouse's amazing bog:
DSCF1451.jpg

Another miranda:
DSCF1452.jpg

Gigantic sibuyanensis x truncata:
DSCF1454.jpg

A new convert (Nepenthusiast's doing) under the sibu x truncata.
DSCF1455.jpg

Ephippeatas:
DSCF1456.jpg

A hamata:
DSCF1460.jpg

Lowii x ventricosa:
DSCF1462.jpg

quogue (Matt K.)'s unbelievable D. regia 'big easy'
DSCF1465.jpg

Eymae x (stenophylla x lowii)
DSCF1471.jpg

Hamata:
DSCF1475.jpg

here's my rokko x spectabilis in the car!
DSCF1478.jpg

And capensis in the trunk.
DSCF1479.jpg

wow, that is really odd. A hamata doesn't look bad in person (still no where near my favorite nep) and looks UGLY in pics.

The show was awesome Bill. Really gorgeous plants. Red and I picked up a heliamphora pulchella and a sarracenia I wanted along with with Stewart McPherson's new book "Glistening Carnivores". I didn't realize it was signed till I got home last night.

The sarrancenia above was labeled sarrancenia x moorei, it was so beautiful I took a photo of the label so I could find one myself.

The drosera regia on display was so laden with globules, well of course I want one of those too. I was very envious of the pots of s. purpura, a personal favorite. And the cephs, well, overindulgent, a dessert you can't get too much of.

You guys did a great job.

J

The sarrancenia above was labeled sarrancenia x moorei, it was so beautiful I took a photo of the label so I could find one myself.

Thanks! That was my plant! Yes, that's a x 'Moorei.' I received that plant as a yearling division from Bugweed a little over four years ago. It took some time to develope, but was sure worth the wait!

The show was absolutely awesom! I have a TON of pics, but haven't had time to edit them yet. An my camera is obviously no where near as good as nepfreaks.... But I still got a few good shots. Hopefully I'll be able to get them up this week....I have over 100 to go through....

Maybe X and I can drink the hotel bar dry like Oz and I did last year.....:drunk:

Dollar drafts at the Motel 6 bar :beer:

Any bar that cops patrol has gotta be shady:suspect:

Great pics Nepfreak, I'll have some up soon too!

OK, so I'm driving home... tons of Bins crammed full of plants in the pickup and I see a giant billboard advertising a haunted hayride using our slogan on the VFT poster, "Field of Screams". Too funny.

I'll have some pics up this week, gotta resize and crop em.

Those are some big Neps! That purp isn't so bad looking either. ;)

Keep the pictures coming! :)

It was a great time all around. I have some pictures that I'll try and post later tonight. Although the plants were fantastic, the best part was meeting everyone in person.

Dollar drafts at the Motel 6 bar :beer:

Any bar that cops patrol has gotta be shady:suspect:

Indeed. Motel 6 knew we meant business!

xvart.

Here we go!

Disclaimer 1: With the 90% shade cloth and dreary weather, it was difficult to take pristine pictures (at least by my novice hand).

Disclaimer 2: I may have mistaken some of the names or got the mother x father crosses backwards, so if anyone can correct me please do.

Although the highlight is the great plants, I think the importance is the public participation. So I'll start with a few pictures of non-CP enthusiasts (or soon to be CP enthusiasts hopefully, lol) enjoying these plants before I dive into plant shots!

NECPS08151.jpg

NECPS08150.jpg

NECPS08140.jpg

NECPS08141.jpg

NECPS08142.jpg

NECPS08139.jpg

Some Pinguicula:

NECPS08123.jpg

NECPS08124.jpg

NECPS08242.jpg

NECPS08243.jpg

More coming...

xvart.

Judging by the pics, it was the same as it was last year......AWESOME!!

To anybody that haven't been to a NECPS meeting, the pictures do not do it justice. It is THE BEST collection of CP's I have ever seen, and I've seen a lot. The NECPS is one of the nicest groups of people I've ever met. I wish I could have made it this year, I hope to make it next year.

Maybe X and I can drink the hotel bar dry like Oz and I did last year.....:drunk:

I'm still waiting to hear who won this year NASC or the bar?

xvart is the greatest! He posted a pic of me!
NECPS081501.jpg

one of these things need to be closer to me

I hear you! Looks like it was a lot of fun! Any pics of the NASC booth?

nah i dont think yah hear me.................im 12 hours by car from anything that can be considered a major city..............

He is behind it in the pic of me! Rattler, why don't you move?

Rattler, why don't you move?

HA! If only it were so easy....

Ant, you my boy have a gift for simplification!

Still working on the pics....I think I have one of the NASC booth. Well, TABLE. There aren't really "booths" at this thing. Still, we got seven new members!

Back