What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get Ready For The Sixth Annual Necps Show!!

OK folks, it's nearing that time of year again - mark your calendars and start making your reservations for an absolutely fantastic time.

The Sixth Annual New England Carnivorous Plant Society Show will be:

September 27 - 28, 2008.
The Botanical Center At Roger Williams Park
Providence, Rhode Island

Last year we had hundreds of plants on display, representing every genus. There were puddles of drool on the floor especially around Jeff's cephalotus display. Myriads of people excitedly learning about and sharing information about carnivorous plants.

There was plenty of loot at the NECPS society table too, and for folks who are or become NECPS members the insanely awesomely cool 'not for the public' loot in the backroom silent auction. I think Dr. Matt of UCONN donated a Roridula or two last year - where else will you EVER get one of those!

The NECPS sponsors (the frog guys) from Massachussetts will be there as a vendor, and usually donate to the back room auction.

On Saturday night we usually all go out to eat and have a rockous time.

By the way, these posters are available, 11 x 14, suitable for framing. I'm not sure yet if they can be purchased through flytrapshop.com. Schloaty, any word? John has had them printed.

TFPOST03.jpg

TFPOST01.jpg

TFPOST05.jpg

I can't wait, it's like waiting for Christmas...

I will beg my mom to take me!

I'm definently going to be there! I can't wait to see some of the displays.

I love the first pic "Field of Screams". Wouldn't mind purchasing that one. Please let us know how to do so when you can. Thanks for the info.

At this time, I believe I am going! I'm excited. I was disappointed I didn't win the posters in the NASC auction, so I'm going to rip some off the walls at the show.

Anyone have a good hotel recommendation?

xvart.

I would love to go, unfortunately school comes first. But will look into the 7th annual meeting!

Thanks for keeping us posted.

I can go! Hopefully I will find an amp. for sale! :-D

Hey Xvart -

Last year my wife and I did the Priceline/Expedia thing and got a great hotel room for like 50 bucks! The hotel wound up being an extended stay near the airport about 10 minutes away with a kitchen too.

Hey Ant -

If your Mom can't take you, maybe you could catch a ride with someone else who is going. There should be lots of folks from Massachussets going.

Thanks, WildBill. I also just reread the first post about having posters available for sale. Great news! If it all works out, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

xvart.

I haven't ever been to one but, maybe we should make a terraforums meeting spot?

OMG, I wish I didn't have school so I could go! AHH! That Field of Screams pic rocks, by the way... I'm so going to print that out for the inside of my locker, LOL

its on a weekend.

I work on the weekends and need to save my vacation for my MN trips so regardless I am hosed for this one, but I will be there for the next one!

I'm also in Southern Illinois... so not happening.

You got to be kiddin me, I have football as always..god I wish I could make it.

Sorry will be in Australia, that weekend.
Maybe next year
Her'shoping that youhave a gr8 sale/show and time
LMO

YAY! I can't wait! It was AWESOME last year!!!!!!!!!!!! Plants everywhere, 2 foot N. rajahs, quogue (Matt)'s regia, jeff's cephs... Every nep pitcher in the room will be overflowing with drool. I agree we should have some sort of Terraforums meeting place, and people should try to have their forum name somewhere on them (I proudly wear a pin that says "Nepenthes freak" :p ). What do you think will be in priscilla's miranda this year?

Ant, you will most definately find some amps there.

I can't wait for the show this year. :boogie: :rookwoot:

I think my 'Schnell's Ghost' will be coming with me (provided I don't do anything stupid and ruin it beforehand).

Just wondering, does the vendor that is going to be there sell cephs at the show?

R-miller -

If they don't, I'm certain you could get one from Jeff aka "Jeffalotus." Here on the TF, his name is JMatt - you could PM sometime before the show.

I'm bringing over 50 Cape Sundews for the society table, and so far have potted up like 100 seedgrown Venus Flytraps as well. They will also have NECPS Mugs (featuring the poster pics), and items with the NECPS logo T-Shirts, denim shirts, caps, last year I got a NECPS polartec vest which I just about wore out this past winter.

Anyone have pics from the show last year??

Back