Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not gonna prosecute

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What swords said is true scot, having lived in Florida for most of my life where white is the minority, i know pleanty well what its like to hear african americans say all the racial slurs they like about white people, but the moment a white person says anything racial back, it is a crime, or the person gets shot. plain and simple. As well as the fact that many people have pointed out that if we had a WET (white entertainment television) we would be racist...if we had a NAAWP, we would be freaking racist. i have black family members, and i love them the same as white family members, so i am NOT racist by any means, but you do have to understand this country is all about double standards. Even though i am not FROM this country, i am still a legal citizen, and i for one am rather tired of the double standards.
    EDIT:
    i know florida has nothing to do with the whole country. but i do understand the racial thing. since Florida is one of the states with racism being a major issue

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Kris I agree with a little bit of what you say. There are double standards, but many people don;t see them for what they are mainly. You grazed around the subject a little. Blacks IMO have better chances at doing certain things than a white of the same class. Because you have the UNCF (United negro college fund) and other funds specifically setup for black folks. Try setting one up just for white kids and see what happens. There are loans specifically for minorities, but try to setup something like that for whites only. Now I am not talking about blacks of low economic status vs whites on the upper income. I am talking about all other things being equal. The only thing different between the two people is the color of their skin then the minority has many more options many time. Heck there was a scholarship I could not get because I was a guy. They were trying to give the money away!!! Granted it was only 500-800 bucks, still it would help.

The same goes for black churches, why does it have to be a black church? Try to make a white church. Granted they probably do not turn away white patrons, but you would get some dirty looks I am sure. It seems to me that the black population itself tries to keep itself separate.

I wonder if anyone else remembers the affirmative action plan. That in itself was reverse discrimination too. My father was in the Army and passed over for promotions because he was white and they had "goals" to meet in promoting minorities. Even though his record was better, he had more time served and did everything he needed to do to be promoted. My father pointed this out to the Cournal and when he asked about having to promote certain numbers, that is when the Cournal told him they had "goals".
    Let me tell you about a Doc I work with. He was telling me that he almost got passed up for the med school he wanted to go to because they had to let in so many minorities into the program. Even though he had better MCAT scores, better GPA and better interview. He knows this info because he knew someone in the admissions office. So isn't it nice to know that there are some Docs out there who had lower scores, but were let into the university so it would not be accused of being racist?

I am sorry. I think you should be promoted on performance and get in because of performance and not because of color. I know there has been times when Whites were promoted over blacks with better performance but that is wrong, so why is it OK to do it the other way around?

Back to the main subject of the thread though, All things being equal I do not believe anything would be different if the target and the skin color was different of the defendant.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That just seems to rehash the rather typical sentiments of folks who are still afraid of minorities and the differences they represent. It's OK that you feel that way, it's your reality tunnel but we've heard these same circular arguments for the last 20 years and I for one, have never believed a word of it.

Population predictions currently dictate that the white peril will be in obvious decline by 2040 so maybe we'll get our white entertainment TV and free collge after all?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well swords I already have free college bro. The thing is The Hope scholarship is open to everyone and not just a minority. I never said we didn't have anything being a low middle class white person, but I just made the comment that minorities have many that are not available to the masses. I am by no means trying to hold anyone back, but I do believe everything should be fair and the way it is sometimes I do not believe it is. If X student has a 98 GPA and Z student has an 80 GPA then the 98 student should get it regardless of what the color of their skin is. Or any of the other requirements put into place. The more qualified should get whatever it is they are going for. And if you cannot see the obvious reason for some people being disgruntled then you have the tunnel vision.

I will say again I do not think anyone should be held back, but I do believe the better qualified person should fill positions or get scholarships or whatever they are going for with a competitive means of acquiring it.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    If these kids would have been black and talking about GW Bush they'd be up for the death penalty...

Some woman wrote an editorial and simply said about Sadam being hanged "they hung the wrong despot" and she was arrested and charged with threating the pres.
    You must not have been paying attention the past few years then. How many threats do you think people have made against President Bush and saying what should be done to him? Hell there was a freaking movie made about his would be assassination.

And aside from that, where did you get this information about a woman being charged because of an editorial? I did a search and the only woman I could find being charged with a threat against President Bush was in reference to this one:

http://www.tbo.com/news/metro/MGBHW5MBJ9F.html

She wrote the following letter:

"President Bush, I have a .38 revolver," the letter states. "I bought it for you."
    That's pretty cut and dry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12