User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: It's going to be Historic either way!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottychaos View Post
    You're kidding right?

quotes from Obama's acceptance speech last week:

Obama wants to cut taxes AND increase spending..
    good luck with that..

typical (for all politicians, im sure McCains acceptance speech will be the same)
    telling the people EVERYTHING they want to hear..
    even if some things flatly contridict others..
    and even if its impossible..

oh well..its nothing new.
    its really funny (and sad) that so many people believe the lies though..

Scot
    Exactly. He's promising everything to everyone, except the "rich." He's promising them they're going to be paying for everything... well they already are, but even more so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Botanicadenta View Post
    As for not knowing what I'm talking about, well, I've had first hand experience with those people and those like them. But I suppose Wal-mart is a seperate issue regarding public opinion and desires, perhaps we have brought wal-mart down upon ourselves, but those people are excessive with their internal rot.

As for big business going over seas and ditching the US? That's exactly what I want! See, now you show where you have no idea what you're talking about, because what did we do before wal-mart? live in a vacuum? If Wal mart has a problem with their CEO's bonuses being cut, they can suck it and make way for small business again.

Two ways to avoid business tax:

Cut profits and sell quality products cheaply, thus having less to tax.(if wal-marts so cheap, I have to wonder why they're one of the most profitable businesses in America, Chinese slave labor anyone? But that's another argument)

Establish small, local business. Day's work for a day's pay. No one I know feels compelled to own their own personal cruise ship. I wanna pay my rent, eat, and be entertained on my days off. I live in a small community that actually fought wal-mart and prevented them from establishing one of their cabals in the area. Why? We have a thriving private business community here. There's hardly any chain stores whatsoever(except for fast food in one town), they're small west-texas franchises at most, and no one is complaining! This way the guy down the street can open up a music store without having to worry with corporate bargain bin CD's killing his business. We have actual barber shops, not something that's been jammed into the architecture of a larger building. These people are happy because they can pursur whatever business they feel like running and employ people who get paid well and have medical coverage.

I heard this argument earlier from an interview with a Texas senator, he used the exact same argument. You know what? there ISN'T supposed to be big business. there's supposed to be COMPETITION. That's the real basis for capitalism. Trusts should be busted, multinationals should be split, people should have a chance to start a clothing store that caters to their preferences and pay their bills with it, as opposed to greeting people in the cold and retiring with no pension in a retirement home.

And republicans like you think this is okay.

So maybe this is an issue of individual greed, as you imply. We let places like that proliferate and it's our own fault. Well I don't, I support small, local business and will never go back to the life of wandering isles with a lack of anything else to do. Those _______ burned me when I worked myself to the bone for them, and I can tell you, they and anyone that supports them care about no one for themselves, and I'll tell you what, if that's the way the US is, the good luck to the people who think that will last forever.
    dude im all for competition....my two, hopefully soon to be three newspapers compete with the big boys in both news coverage and printing and we are doing pretty well for ourselves......that said we need big cooperations as much as we need the lil guy.....i like having my choice of trucks from a half dozen makers....without big corperations we would not have gas as CHEAP as we do.....i know for a fact it costs $3 million to punch a hole in Richland county Montana, that is before a single gallon is pumped out, that is before a single barrel of oil is refined.......sure we can have all your small business's and do away with major corporations but costs are going to go through the roof....especially for you city dwellers......i can raise enough food where i live to feed my family.....can you? i bust my *** running 2 small town newspapers aswell as work with a good buddy on the side installing carpet.....on a slow week i put in 50 hours.....have done twice that before and will likely do it again(hell am getting close to 30 hours in so far this week and its only Tuesday).......my wife does the same........why? cause we aint interested in asking for help from anyone and are willing to do what needs to be done ourselves......we bust our rears and are technically right about at the poverty line as the feds figure it yet we live quite comfortably without government help.....i know what its like to compete with major corporations every day cause i do it, yet yah dont hear me complaining about it......

Caps......want to make a friendly bet on that? bet yah she lasts till the election.......a 17 year old kid getting pregnant from her high school boyfriend aint news, has always been fairly common.....its a non issue.....Obammy's mom was pregnant with him at 17 and had him when she was 18..........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting site I just found.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/

Site dedicated to being impartial and rating claims on their 'level of truth'. It's kinda like the Snopes of the presidential race. Fun stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol my wife is friends with one of the editors from the St. Pete Times....going to forward this to her........
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capslock View Post
    PS: Prediction: within 14 days, Palin is off the ticket.
    I was thinking that even before the pregnancy thing. It just doesn't make good sense.

From that website linked above, this is probably the funniest thing I have ever read:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/19/

Absolutely hilarious.

xvart.
    Last edited by xvart; 09-03-2008 at 03:37 PM. Reason: merged posts
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gives them credit for being impartial though XD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sight is great! Thanks for the link!
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xvart View Post
    I was thinking that even before the pregnancy thing. It just doesn't make good sense.

xvart.
    why? i would not have bet money that McCain would have picked her but the choice is far from a poor one......infact i see it as more of a change than Obama's ticket....Biden for crying out loud? if that aint the same old DC BS we have seen for the last umpteen presidential elections i dont know what is.....hell i would be more inspired if he would have picked Hilary as a running mate....least it would be more entertaining....Obama picking Biden would be like McCain picking Romney......aint showing anyone any change.....just showing us the same old BS.......for you folks that hate big oil she went toe to toe with them and got more money out of them for the state....yeah her hubby works for BP but he is a welder......he aint any farther up the ladder than when my brother worked for BP.....she is from a middle class, working background........she went toe to toe with her own party in Alaska(talk about a good ol boys club) she accused one of her fellow commissioners, of doing work for the party on public time and working closely with a company he was supposed to be regulating.....the guy had to resign and was fined.....

those that say she has less experience than Obama are smoking good stuff....he has been in DC as a senator for UNDER 200 days.....not to mention as a governor her head was on the chopping block if stuff didnt go right.......one look at senator Kennedy shows senators arent held to such a high standard.....

knowing what i know of Alaskans im willing to put cold hard cash on the fact she is in it for the long haul.......she aint going to be easily scared off.......also its flat out idiotic to think that it was not discussed before hand that her daughter was pregnant and im guessing like most of america the McCain camp decided it was a non issue........
    cervid serial killer