User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: It's going to be Historic either way!!

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler_mt View Post
    why? i would not have bet money that McCain would have picked her but the choice is far from a poor one......
    I should rephrase - I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't on the ticket in November because I think McCain would get a lot more mileage with several other VP candidates.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    doubt it......different mileage sure but i doubt more........hell Obama's now claiming he has more executive experience than her cause he has ran his own campaign for 18 months.......basically saying he has no real experience.................nah McCain is going to get plenty of mileage out of Palin
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Palin is an unknown, and McCain picked her in desperation, precisely because she is an unknown. He figured that he would surely lose if he picked any of the known factors as vice-president, and he had a chance to win by picking her. As Palin has become more known to the public, however, she has become less appealing. Her daughter's pregnancy undercuts her support for abstinence only programs (despite expressions to the contrary of the talking heads on Fox "News"). The Republicans are now in a lose/lose situation. If they keep Palin on the ticket, she will likely keep losing votes. If they take her off the ticket, questions will be raised about McCain's judgement. McCain's strategy alternatives are now extremely limited. Expect the McCain camp to raise negative campaigning up a couple of notches, even though McCain used to say that he opposed it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropics View Post
    Palin is an unknown,
    just like Obama.

and McCain picked her in desperation,
    Or not...thats just your opinion, based on nothing.

precisely because she is an unknown.

He figured that he would surely lose if he picked any of the known factors as vice-president, and he had a chance to win by picking her.
    completely made up, and makes no sense at all.
    picking a experienced candidate is BAD? and picking an inexperienced (according to you) candidate is good? nice logic!

As Palin has become more known to the public, however, she has become less appealing.
    I could say "As Palin has become more known to the public, however, she has become MORE appealing." its just a personal opinion either way..not a fact.
    you state your opinions as facts..which is lame.

Her daughter's pregnancy undercuts her support for abstinence only programs (despite expressions to the contrary of the talking heads on Fox "News").
    completely irrelevant to..pretty much everything.

The Republicans are now in a lose/lose situation.

If they keep Palin on the ticket, she will likely keep losing votes.
    or..If they keep Palin on the ticket, she will likely keep gaining votes.

If they take her off the ticket, questions will be raised about McCain's judgement.
    not going to happen..he made the choice, and there is zero indication he is unhappy with the choice.

McCain's strategy alternatives are now extremely limited.

Expect the McCain camp to raise negative campaigning up a couple of notches, even though McCain used to say that he opposed it.
    probably..but so what?
    it will go fine with all of Obamas negative campaigning!

nice job crafting a completely meaningless irrelevant post..

new flash..your personal opinions are not facts.

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scotty, to be frank, you're wrong. Not because you're FACTUALLY wrong, but because his opinions most certainly DO count. If HE feels that way, you can bet your boots other people do, too....that translates to lost votes. Regardless of wether those lost votes are based on valid reasons, they're still lost votes.

He figured that he would surely lose if he picked any of the known factors as vice-president, and he had a chance to win by picking her.
    completely made up, and makes no sense at all.
    picking a experienced candidate is BAD? and picking an inexperienced (according to you) candidate is good? nice logic!
    I do see the logic here. He's giving McCain the credit for realizing that Americans are sick of the same ol, same ol...so McCain picks someone DIFFERENT. Every known possbile VP for McCain is just more of the same.

Obama DIDN'T need to do that because is IS that.

Now are Obama and Palin really that different from every white-man politician out there? Probably not, however they LOOK different which is (sadly) enough to swing a substantial portion of the vote.

Remember, not everyone out there is as smart as you are. If they were, you wouldn't be smart, but rather average, now wouldn't you?
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the facts as far as how the VP pick goes in regards to the 'other' picks was actually really simple.

Liberman and ....(forgot his name, you can tell how much I really haven't been paying attention to the GOP camp) Were pro-choice. Republican bigs wigs told him there would be a walk out on the RNC if he picked them. They had been vetted, were running for president in the primaries, and were both political figures, but were eliminated after the Saddleback event when McCain decided to take a pro-life platform decision.

The thing that makes me doubly unsure of Palin herself isn't the daughter bit, there's plenty of views that she has that I will AGGRESIVELY disagree with(ID in schools, pro-life[thus, anti-choice], etc.), but the cold hard fact is that she IS CURRENTLY under investigation for abuse of power of the Alaskan Governor's office for trying to get her sister's ex-husband fired from his state trooper position for, apparently, no reason other than she doesn't like him.

The current spin is that she 'didn't know' her personell were harassing the State troopers office, demanding his dismissal, but it's a little too personal to think she had nothing to do with it. I'd rather not have someone under suspicion of abuse of power in the white house, thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scotty, I understand where your coming from but I think that opinions say a lot more than facts in politics. And Obama can't be viewed as an "unkown"...you don't have to like him but he isn't exactely nobody anymore.

I'll tell you what...I do agree with you that Palin's daughters pregnancy is irrelevant. I feel really sorry for that girl. Everyones making such a big deal over her pregnancy. She's only 2 years older than me and the entire country is talking about her like she did some moral felony...that most be embarrasing.
    Between the teenage pregnancy, her husbands drunk driving, her governor power abuse scandal, and the fact that her husband was in the Alaskan sessesion group (don't know to much about that last one, I got it seconed hand and haven't actually read up on it yet I don't even know what the groups called), I think many people will question whether she actually promotes the family-values, conservative sort of lifestyle that the McCain campaign is aiming to convey through choosing her. True none of that may be relevant (except the governor scandal) but it will almost certainly have a negative impact on her campaign, like it or not.
    PS: Scotty and others not trying to be confrontational here, but these political debates are fun! I hope I'm doing alright hehehe.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too could care less about Palin's daughters pregnancy. What drives me nuts about the whole situation is the entire conservative base is rallying behind her because she's not going to have an abortion, and how she is making such a great moral decision. Where in the world did they get the idea that just because someone has a baby when they are a teenager and not married that the first though in anyone's head would be to have an abortion? It's ridiculous, and I believe, extremely insulting. This isn't a rally call people, it is just something that happens. Luckily, Palin's daughter is part of a supportive family with the financial means to make sure her baby is brought into a word where he or she will have opportunities that many will not.

If anything, I think the one thing that shows here is that amongst her "strong family values and morals" is that her family obviously missed something or negated some important sex education, which in my opinion, is one of the biggest obligations we have to our families, and one of the greatest tools to open up discussion on not only sex, but numerous other topics; thus bringing the family closer and creating a stronger bond.

I would think that the first thing Governor Palin and her husband would think after hearing this news is something along the lines of "boy, we must not have educated our daughter on the life changing act of sex well enough, and we didn't educate her enough on the importance of safe sex, and birth control. Obviously only saying 'don't have sex until you are married' was enough." But, that is just me.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"