User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 105 to 112 of 191

Thread: It's going to be Historic either way!!

  1. #105
    scottychaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Western New York, USA
    Posts
    2,970
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xvart View Post

    I would think that the first thing Governor Palin and her husband would think after hearing this news is something along the lines of "boy, we must not have educated our daughter on the life changing act of sex well enough, and we didn't educate her enough on the importance of safe sex, and birth control. Obviously only saying 'don't have sex until you are married' was enough." But, that is just me.

    xvart.
    wow..you know what they taught their daughter??
    you know that they only said 'don't have sex until you are married' and nothing else?? apparently you do..

    fascinating..
    how did you get this personal specific knowledge?
    are you a friend of the family?
    a relative perhaps?
    a snoopy next door neighbor?

    its amazing the details people claim with such certainty that they know..

    Scot

  2. #106
    Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Olympia, Washington
    Posts
    4,064
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Botanicadenta View Post
    The thing that makes me doubly unsure of Palin herself isn't the daughter bit, there's plenty of views that she has that I will AGGRESIVELY disagree with(ID in schools, pro-life[thus, anti-choice], etc.), but the cold hard fact is that she IS CURRENTLY under investigation for abuse of power of the Alaskan Governor's office for trying to get her sister's ex-husband fired from his state trooper position for, apparently, no reason other than she doesn't like him.
    Not to mention she's all about banning books, and tried to chase the head librarian of her jurisdiction out of town for not obliging the whims of her constituents. There are much better picks for a fascist figurehead VP, if you ask me - at least the boring candidates know, for the most part, how to do their jobs.
    ~Joe

    PS - http://www.time.com/time/politics/ar...837918,00.html - 13th paragraph down
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

  3. #107
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Westchester County, New York
    Posts
    5,377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow..you know what they taught their daughter??
    you know that they only said 'don't have sex until you are married' and nothing else?? apparently you do..

    fascinating..
    how did you get this personal specific knowledge?
    are you a friend of the family?
    a relative perhaps?
    a snoopy next door neighbor?

    its amazing the details people claim with such certainty that they know..

    Scot
    Again, Scott, in the political arena, truth is irrelevant.

    PERCEPTION is everything. Why do blatantly false negative campaigns work? Two reason: 1) there are enough stupid people out there to beleive them and 2) even those who don't beleive still have a seed of doubt planted (that is, if they're undecided voters).
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

    YOU! Outta my gene pool!

  4. #108
    Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Zone 8
    Posts
    5,594
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottychaos View Post
    its amazing the details people claim with such certainty that they know..
    Excuse me, Scot; but, let us take a moment to look at her public views on such relevant topics, which I assume that if she believes are correct for the general public they would only be implemented in the privacy of her home.

    Consider for a moment when she was asked: "Will you support funding for abstinence-until-marriage education instead of for explicit sex-education programs, school-based clinics, and the distribution of contraceptives in schools?"

    What was her answer?

    "Yes, the explicit sex-ed programs will not find my support."

    What will find her support?

    Abstinence only programs. Is this starting to sound familiar? I could be wrong, but wouldn't a safe assumption be that she practices what she preaches? So Scot, before you condemn me and others so quickly, please consider that some of us do know what we are talking about and do read occasionally.

    I could cite the sources, but I couldn't decide which of the numerous news pages I should use. But, just type in to a search engine "Sarah Palin Sex Education" and you'll find some credible sources pretty quickly.

    I'm sorry it wasn't obvious, but I did take some liberty in my conclusions, but they are not that unreasonable given the evidence you require. Needless to say, I was making a slight jest at the situation to highlight the larger issue of sex education and the failed policy of abstinence only. So, let me rephrase: "Obviously saying 'abstinence only until you are married' was not enough."

    You're right, Scot; Palin could have had a wonderful open discussion about sex with her daughter and gone over every possible birth control method; but based on the evidence, I doubt it. She very well could have talked to her daughter about safe sexual practices and sexually transmitted diseases; but based on the evidence I doubt it. Is my logic a little more clear now?

    xvart.

    edit: additionally, I just have to comment on this one right here:
    Quote Originally Posted by scottychaos
    precisely because she is an unknown.
    Or not...thats just your opinion, based on nothing.
    She is an unknown. There are polls out there that confirm as much. On August 29, 71% had either never heard of Sarah Palin or did not know enough about Sarah Palin to have an opinion. -Gallup
    Last edited by xvart; 09-03-2008 at 07:56 AM.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

  5. #109
    Cardiac Nurse JB_OrchidGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    3,818
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone knows that you can talk to a kid till your blue in the face and they will not always listen. Most people know that too. I think the child being pregnant means nothing. The fact that she is not getting an abortion means a lot. Stand by what she pushed for. You cannot go back in time and force the girl not to have sex, but you can push her to keep it now that its here. But any who that is irrelevant.

    I personally like the choice for VP. I could care less about the stuff going on up in Alaska with the state trooper ex-brother-in-law. There may be a reason for her to get him fired. I dunno what happened there and have not read on it.

    I think it is disgraceful that someone in the democrat camp has released Sarah Palin's Social Security number and there were emails from some democrat operatives (according to someone interviewed on Fox I know I know) that by this time next week they plan to humiliate Sarah Palin and force McCain to drop her from the ticket. I think this is despicable. The Dems did something similar to another candidate where they did something under the name of the candidate to smear that candidate.

    Dirty pool people dirty pool. Why not debate and go about it the right way instead you have to underhandedly try to sway the public. Ridiculous.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

  6. #110
    Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Zone 8
    Posts
    5,594
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_OrchidGuy View Post
    The fact that she is not getting an abortion means a lot.
    That is where I disagree because that opinion presupposes that she would have got an abortion if she was anything but "prolife;" which is definitely not that case. Aren't there more teen pregnancies than abortions, by a long shot? Isn't what she is doing pretty standard practice for the most part? That is my point.

    xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

  7. #111
    Nooblet Botanicadenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although Obama refuses to address the Bristol Palin pregnancy issue(and rightly so!) There are more simple conclusions to draw here.

    Sarah Palin is now taking a VP job over taking care of a special needs child and a daughter who is both a minor and pregnant. Most people would tun down most opporotunities in light of this, especially the special needs child bit. So she's gonna criss cross the country on the campaign trail and nobody seems to know who's gonna take care of the kids. Don't say Dad, he's already said he's going back to work doing whatever he does. Will she take the beby with her? Will Bristol Palin just have to tough it out? Pretty tough stuff.

    And let's not forget the Epic story of Trigg's birth. Sarah Palin's water breaks in Texas during a speech, instead of going to the hospital immediately, she catches a flight home to Alaska( counting the layover and refuel in Seattle, a 13 hour flight) Land in Anchorage, and has her husband drive her to a backwater hospital 45 minutes away.

    So apparently she has no problem with this neglect issue. I tend to not like people like this.

  8. #112
    rattler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    missing, presumed dead
    Posts
    8,554
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    her daughters pregnancy is irrelevant to what her stance is on abstinence teaching or what ever....anyone that thinks different hasnt raised a teenager.........to most it really doesnt matter cause anyone with a good sized family has had to deal with the issue.....i have a huge family with 17 aunts and uncles by blood, not including their spouses....have run into this exact issue with 3 different cousins that i can think of off the top of my head......not to mention my wife had a kid her senior year of high school.....to anyone who has raised a teenager or comes from a good sized family that doesnt have their head jammed in the sand this really is a non issue....republican OR democrat......as much as i hate Obama....if it was his daughter i wouldnt care either......its a nonissue with most of America.....

    as for who is voting or not voting because of her what i find most interesting is that i have personally spoke with many die hard republicans that 3 weeks ago were saying they were just going to stay home in November and not vote.....now that Palin is running as McCain's VP those same ppl have said they are headed to the polls in November to vote for McCain......dont think Palin is going to siphon off much of any Democrat votes.....but she is making a bunch of republicans that were going to sit out the election get out and vote....that could make a huge difference........

    as for trying to get her ex brother in law fired.......most in Alaska didnt think she was exactly in the wrong even before she was nominated VP, i remember talking with some alaska guys about this months ago......how it happened aint exactly right but most accounts put him as a crappy trooper and an abusive husband.......does it excuse it? no but it makes the situation more understandable.......

    if this is the "dirt" they have on Palin......its pretty pathetic dirt........especially compared to anyone thats spent time in DC or Chicago politics.......why is no one talking bout Obammy's half brother living in a slum in Kenya on $1 a month........seems a guy that cares so much for the middle class of the US could throw his own brother a $100 now and then.......i find that fact more interesting than Palins pregnant daughter and actaully more relevant to the election cause if i guy aint going to care for his own blood you think he will care about you?
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •