User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: It's going to be Historic either way!!

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's fair. I guess I'm a bit of a pot-stirrer myself.
    My problem with Palin is that she doesn't present herself as someone who's ready for the job. I can't explain it - it's just something that I see in her eyes when she speaks. I'm already disappointed enough that someone as green as Obama has managed to be more appealing to me than McCain. I was sure that the Dems would just crash into each other and leave the election open for a "new GOP" sweep. I'm not even sure I want to vote in this one; I'm pretty evenly unhappy with my choices.
    In 2012 I think we should pass the primaries over to FOX and let them make some fun game show out of it.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on another forum im on im pretty sure there is a couple members from Wasilla......posted a question asking for more info.....will let yah know if i track down anything concrete either way......i just have a hard time believing she sought to get a librarian fired over something that 1: was not her idea, 2: was brought up at only a single meeting than dropped........most of what i have seen with this kinda stuff that does lead to someone being wrongly persecuted in a job like this takes place over a much greater length of time and generally has atleast a couple very interesting public meetings....... but thats just from what i have seen
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to address this:

Caps.....still say sex ed is a parent issue, not a school issue.......the "teen pregnancy problem" is a modern invention....100 years ago you were out of the house and likely married at 16-18......physiologically we have not changed in the last 100 years......mentally we have gone backwards.....most all can be attributed to government run schools raising kids so their parents dont have to.....more and more schools are less about education and more about being a babysitter for the parents.....my sisters, bother and i all knew the alphabet(as in recognizing letters, not singing the "alphabet song" ) by the time we were 4 and were reading some by the time we hit kindergarten........now a days its easy to find a 2nd grader that cant read hardly at all.....why is that? lack of parental involvement for the most part.....

sex ed is 100% on the heads of [parents, not schools, dont give a rats **** how a parent tackles it....yes i know some ways work more than others but it aint my place to raise their kid.......
    Yes, sex ed SHOULD be, at least in part, done by the parrents. I don't think it should be 100%, because there are things that people just don't know, and many parrents just aren't good teachers. However, they SHOULD BE invloved. Teens don't have to listen, but just knowing their parrents find something important will make them think about it more.

At any rate, what parrents SHOULD DO isn't what they DO do. You're making a choice based on how the world SHOULD BE, not how it is. That's a problem. Yes, we should strive to change the world into how is SHOULD BE, but we should make our choices based on how it IS, not our visions of utopia.

The simple fact is that many parrents don't care, don't know how, are uncomfortable, are religious fundamentalists (and therefore preach the very thing that goes in one ear and out the other), or are just plain too stupid.

Therefore, even though there is a minority of parrents will all the esential tools to teach their children how to approach sex responsibly, that leaves a all the rest who don't have those tools.

If we want to reduce teen pregnancy, and MOST parrents simply don't have right tools to educate their children effectively (even though they SHOULD), are we supposed to say "Oh, well, too bad for you that your parrents stink," and let all these teens get pregant? Or would it behoove us, as a society, to provide an alternate means to convey the necessary information for good choices in an arena where we know we'll catch the vast majority of kids - schools?

Yes, many teens will still make stupid choices. But the education will allow many to make smart choices that they otherwise would not have had the knowledge to make.

You can't fix stupid, but you CAN fix ignorant.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    guess thats where you and i differ philosophically.......when push comes to shove i would prefer schools stick to the real subjects and leave sex ed and the like to the parents....also dont like the fact that due to Bush's No Child Left Behind Act classes are REALLY being dumbed down for the slowest kids in the class.....would rather see them separated to a different classroom and the bright kids get pushed along as fast as they can handle and the slower kids pushed along as fast as they can handle.....to me this makes more sense than slowing every one down and leaving the bright kids bored as hell.....im kinda big on survival of the fittest......there were lots of kids in my high school that really should not have been there, they had no interest in learning, were mainly out to disturb everyone else and surprise surprise even though the school went through the motions and got half of them diplomas cause they were minorities....8 years after graduation they are still not doing anything that can be remotely called productive, very few even holding down a part time job and are living off the guberment tit........should have kicked them out of school their freshman year to leave those of us that actually cared about our education the hell alone.....they wouldnt be any worse off than they are now.....and the kids that wanted to learn would have been better off......

nah schools anymore are becoming government babysitters more than anything and a replacement for parenting.......cant say that i agree with it........those that want to will succeed......those that dont will try to mooch off those that do....been that way since civilization started....aint nothing going to change that and our current guberment is only making it worse with their entitlement programs......
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One reason the No Child Left Behind is such a travesty is that if anyone in the school fails the standardised tests the school looses all funding. This "anyone in the school" includes the mentally challenged kids. When I was in school we had some kids who did nothing but bang their heads on the wall and one kid did nothing but drool. There is no way they even could hold a pencil to fill out a test of any kind. Our school would have been really bad off if they'd had no money to run it. None of the hicks around here have any money to build a private school. Overall, I think the government wants to keep people stupid. The more ignorant and less motivated the populace is, the better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are three minutes left in the fourth quarter of the game, and the Republican Party is trailing by two touchdowns. A minute ago they were down by only one touchdown, when they brought in Sarah Palin to run with the ball. But she fumbled, allowing the Democratic Party to score. The Republican Party is now even more desperate than before, and they have to make take even more risks if they want to have a chance of winning. Their problem is that they don’t have many playmakers, and their options are limited. Most likely the Republican Quarterback John McCain will be flinging some long passes tonight, hoping to connect with at least one of them. He will be attacking the Democratic Party and using the politics of fear. Expect him to repeatedly say words like “terrorists” and “terrorism.” Expect him to emphasize his military experience. Expect conventioneers to cheer “USA…USA….” Expect Fox “News” to be euphoric. But don’t expect 38 million people to be watching the speech.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fumbled? how in the hell do you figure?.....................even most of the media outlets that support Obama said she did a damn fine job......her teleprompter malfunctioned and she didnt miss a beat cause she KNEW her speech....Obama has proven he cant do that........
    cervid serial killer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    guess thats where you and i differ philosophically.......when push comes to shove i would prefer schools stick to the real subjects and leave sex ed and the like to the parents....also dont like the fact that due to Bush's No Child Left Behind Act classes are REALLY being dumbed down for the slowest kids in the class.....would rather see them separated to a different classroom and the bright kids get pushed along as fast as they can handle and the slower kids pushed along as fast as they can handle.....to me this makes more sense than slowing every one down and leaving the bright kids bored as hell.....im kinda big on survival of the fittest......there were lots of kids in my high school that really should not have been there, they had no interest in learning, were mainly out to disturb everyone else and surprise surprise even though the school went through the motions and got half of them diplomas cause they were minorities....8 years after graduation they are still not doing anything that can be remotely called productive, very few even holding down a part time job and are living off the guberment tit........should have kicked them out of school their freshman year to leave those of us that actually cared about our education the hell alone.....they wouldnt be any worse off than they are now.....and the kids that wanted to learn would have been better off......
    Yes, we differ on the topic of sex ed. Do you disagree that it's a good idea for them to educated in both places? One re-enforces the other. Maybe SOMETHING will stick even in the stubborn teen head....

As for the rest, I agree 100% on the no child left behind stuff. But I find it ironic that you beleive in survival of the fittest, yet want a woman in office who wants creationism taught in biology!
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!