What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's going to be Historic either way!!

From a Canadian point of view that clip was a freakin train-wreck extraordinaire

WOW my brain kinda crystallized at the 60 second mark or so.

Good luck with that!!

Sarah Palin: A pet rock with lipstick (for those of you who are old enough to remember pet rocks).

I think that some of the perceived negativity may stem from the fact that this was her what? third interview since she was announced. The McCain camp has been doing everything to keeping her out of public scrutiny (which has been pretty much counterproductive). My whole point was that this Sarah Palin was a much different one than we saw at the convention. She seems less confident among other things; which is unfortunate. The McCain campaign needs to let her off the leash and let her do her thing.

This whole debate canceling thing has certainly become a fiasco. I think the McCain camp is sinking quickly. It's really been too bad that McCain only thinks (or has only been afforded to) think in the moment to keep the campaign alive.

xvart.

then you view the "cancellation" a whole lot different than i.....McCain has been asking for MORE debates and Obama keeps turning him down.....debates are what McCain does.......anyone with half a brain knew the debate wasnt going to get canceled but in trying to do so showed that McCain was interested in going to DC for the job he was hired to do and guilted Obama into doing the same.....which also gives Obama less time to prepare cause without his speech writers, and the info right infront of him he is worse than Palin was in that interview(want to see the video?).....Obama is a talking head and worthless without his script in front of him.........anything to throw him off before the debate would be a plus on McCains side.....besides ive got to congratulate McCain for going back to DC to do what he was elected to do.....that shows something........

Obama overall sounds like the better choice.

why he spent 8 years in the Illinois senate.....the most corrupt political place outside of Washington DC yet attempted to change nothing.......

CHANGE CHICAGO STYLE

Body count. In the last six months 292 killed (murdered) in Chicago , 221killed in Iraq .

Sens. Barack Obama & Richard Durbin,
Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr.,
Gov. Rod Blogojevich,
House leader Mike Madigan,
Atty. Gen. Lisa Madigan (daughter of Mike),
Mayor Richard M. Daley (son of former Mayor Richard J. Daley).....the leadership in Illinois.....all Democrats.

Chicago is a combat zone. Of course they're all blaming each other.

Can't blame Republicans, there aren't any!

State pension fund $44 Billion in debt, worst in country. Cook County ( Chicago ) sales tax 10.25% highest in country. (Look'em up if you want). Chicago school system one of the worst in country. This is the political culture that Obama comes from in Illinois .
He's gonna 'fix' Washington politics? Yeah, right...

let me repeat myself......Obama spent 8 years in the Illinois senate and did not try to change one thing as far as corupt politics, government spending, trying to control crime......in the two years in the US Senate he has accomplished exactly squat.......why do you guys think he is going to bring any change 10 years of his political history have shown he does NOTHING

McCain hasn’t voted in the Senate for the past five months, but now he wants to the public to think that he’s on the job and working hard for them. He can’t even get his fellow Republicans in the House to go along with the Bush bailout plan. Even Bush said that negotiations were going along better before McCain butted in. Part of tonight’s debate is going to focus on the financial crisis, and McCain will show how much he doesn’t know about it.

well given McCain arrived in DC 2 hours AFTER things started going to hell i have a hard time believing he is the complete source of the trouble.....besides the dems are the majority in both houses they could pass it regardless of what McCain said unless there were already issues with the bill.....seem the dems tried to add alot of pork and earmarks to the bill instead of actually trying to find a solution........

But there you're assuming that Dems unilaterally believe the bailout is a good idea. I think there's a schism here between the means and the ends, which is largely the case with these "but so-and-so controls the House and the Senate" arguments. When the Reps had majority control plenty of well-intended movements got stopped in their tracks, because regardless of what your agenda is, regardless of what your goal is, a bad plan is still a bad plan.
~Joe

so why is it so bad if......and its a big if.......McCain was in on canning it....but as i said he touched down in DC two hours after arguments really started over it....hell i said yesterday that i think its a piss poor idea.........

Obama's screwing himself...........he was part of the problem with Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac, they paid him over $100,000......Clinton is the one who deregulated them not Bush like Obama is insinuating........alot of individuals have attempted to reign in them since the deregulation....Obama and his cronies are those that blocked it..........

Back