Reasons why Palin is a bad choice:
1) She has virtually no experience. She has only a bachelors degree in journalism from the University of Idaho, and was a pageant queen, a sports reporter, and a fisherman before becoming mayor of a town of 9700. Prior to her recent election as governor, that's it. And yet she's a heartbeat away from the Presidency, a valid concern with the elderly cancer survivor, McCain.
2) She's staunchly anti-abortion.
3) She's favors teaching creationism in science class (yikes).
4) She's an oil person. For Anwar drilling and off-shore drilling. Her husband works for BP. We need a break from these oil people.
5) She's opposes equal rights for gay people.
That's a start, and I think this really undermines McCain's argument that Obama lacks the necessary experience for President. A VP must be ready to assume the Presidency just like the candidate themselves. How can they argue about Obama's youth and inexperience now without undermining themselves? To me, this reads like an insulting and cynical attempt to garner Hillary Clinton voters just because he picked a woman.