User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: It's going to be Historic either way!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capslock View Post
    Oh, and it's all good JB! Rattler you and I always disagree on this stuff. So what? I like a good political dust-up among friends!

Capslock
    lol no worries......just getting ready to head out for 3 days with no internet......dont want yah to think i ran off with my tail between my legs hitting the road in about an hour and a half and got crap to do other than a point by point argument on the 'net ..........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capslock View Post
    I don't find any of those quotes in the least bit troubling. The first ones are all just relating his thoughts and journey as a young person, both things he regrets and things he's proud of. It seems a bit disingenuous to pluck them out without context like that.

The last one isn't the least bit damning. I'm with him on it 100%. The American ideal is: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: That all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." Among these rights is freedom of religion. Should the political winds shift in an ugly direction, and Muslims become deprived of this right, on that day I also will stand with the Muslims. I'd hope you would too, as it's the American thing to do.

Capslock
    Well said.

This brings me to what my biggest problem with McCain is, and that is his support of further limiting civil liberties. This is a classic move from any group that wants to seize power. Study the history of fascism and you will see exactly what I mean. This very idea violates what our founding fathers believed. Those of you who are scared by Muslims only prove your own ignorance.

As for creationism, its not science, period. It doesn't belong in a science class room. End of discussion. If you want to teach any creation stories have a mythology class, but make sure you include all of them not just the traditions of Abraham. Dont forget the karmic wheel, The Norse creation myths, Ancient Greek creation myth, etc...
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Norse creation myths, Ancient Greek creation myth, etc
    bah, those aren't real religions, there's only one true and living god...

and that's J.R. "Bob" Dobbs -praise "Bob"! May he bestow much slack upon my person

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    bah, those aren't real religions, there's only one true and living god...

and that's J.R. "Bob" Dobbs -praise "Bob"! May he bestow much slack upon my person
    I thought that prestigious title belonged to Barack H. Obama?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A politician? You've greatly under estimated my hatred for government and "the truth" as told to us by the infallible ones in all it's various forms. When Obama's pres I'll be poking at him like I do all the rest don't you worry. He just hasn't irritated me yet is all! Ya goitta know 'em before ya can hate 'em - that's the ethical way right?

You've forgotten that I've already lambasted him for running out on the muslim americans back in some other debate post. Having his aides move the berkahd ladies off camera and telling our Muslim senator (Keith Ellison) not to visit the mosque in my dads neighborhood on an Obama campaign tour - which essentially put him (Ellison) in office. In order to play down the "Muslim angle" which so many people have had drilled into them by Fox News anchors and the Clinton campaign. Anyway politicians are all the same and eventually only deliver dissapointment to the individual. Having faith in a politician is like having faith in a god, it's nothing but empty promises.

For once I'm being serious by saying I place no one or their version of "reality" above my own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From Dreams of My Father: 'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.'
    From Dreams of My Father : 'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race.'
    From Dreams of My Father: 'There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.'
    From Dreams of My Father: 'It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.'
    From Dreams of My Father: 'I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself , the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.'

And FINALLY the Most Damming one of ALL of them!!!

From Audacity of Hope: 'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'
    These FALSE messages of obama have been circulating around forever. It's disgusting. First of all, Obama is not a muslim! most of those quotes are rewordings that change the meanings dramatically to make it seem like Barack is a self-declared racist. See this article on Snopes for what Obama actually said, and not the false interpretations:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/ownwords.asp

There are many more emails just like it, spreading false messages in an attempt to discredit Obama. Don't accept them as solid fact just because someone else says they are. Oh, and of course this is all in good fun. I don't mean any hostility to anyone here. I'd just like to separate myth from fact.
    Insanity is a sane response to an insane world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Various quotes have been incorrectly attributed to Obama in order to discredit him. The actual quote from the book that is supposedly about Muslims is from page 261 and is as follows:

"Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reassurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Those who don't agree with the actual quote, please speak up.

By the way, the selection of Sarah Palin shows that John McCain's judgement is flawed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Various quotes have been incorrectly attributed to Obama in order to discredit him. The actual quote from the book that is supposedly about Muslims is from page 261 and is as follows:

"Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reassurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."
    WOW. I figured that the quotes were taken out of context, but that's painfully different. Thanks for quoting the whole thing.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast