User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: It's going to be Historic either way!!

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hamata View Post
    While they're at it, they should probably teach alchemy in place of chemistry.
    Haha. "My economic plan is to turn the unlimited amount of worthless metal into unlimited amount of gold. That should help the dollar bounce back!"

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hamata View Post
    While they're at it, they should probably teach alchemy in place of chemistry.
    Dont forget we have to replace germ theory with curses and witchcraft. Pathogens those dont exists its mearly your neighbors bad thoughts about you, and then in criminal justice we have to ask "and what do we do with witches?"
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and then in criminal justice we have to ask "and what do we do with witches?"
    A book was already written on what to do with them about 600 years ago (in the1400s): The Malleus Maleficarum:On the Prosecution of Witches by Kramer and Spence, it's still in print and available on amazon for the new inquisitiors to study. They're already doing the waterboarding, how about bringing back the rack, the strappado, the hot seat...? I mean, we have tasers now, but that takes away all the mystique and ceremony that the churchstate used to put into ritual torture with such zest and zeal.

Act Now! Get your copy today!
    http://www.amazon.com/Malleus-Malefi...0177384&sr=8-2

Free melon baller with every order!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the power is in congress and there is NO president who will do anything in government alone.
    Tell that to the Bush administration.

My further two cents is the palin thing is a political grab.

As one of my favorite radio show hosts put it:

"If something happens to pops, do you really want SARAH PALIN!?(he always says it with the disbelief) sitting across the table from Vlad the Impaler Putin!?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ktulu View Post
    we have to ask "and what do we do with witches?"
    BURN THEM!!!

...or build bridges out of them...you know to help with internal infrastructure? Would save on taxes if we used witches (which we all know are made of wood) instead of conventional petroleum based building materials

Xvart, I do agree that there must be better qualified (experience, track record, etc) female candidates out there he could have chosen, but no republican women come to mind though. Then again I am not overly well versed in politics.

It just is that in my opinion ANY woman he would have chosen still would have made me think the choice of a woman as VP was more of a political strategy to make this "an election of firsts" for both democrat and republicans. In that regards I do have to admit it was a pretty smooth choice on his part, but I still see it only as a strategy.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also think he undercut himself by only meeting her once before last week. As one of the political commentariers said: "I wouldn't even go to dinner with someone I met just once; let alone give them the keys to the country."

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's apparently a good number of people speculating that the GOP is actively trying to throw this election now. The idea is that there's no way to stop another Great Depression that's on the horizon and the GOP would prefer it to be under the Democrat's watch.

Scary either way you look at it. However, the old Great Depression wasn't that bad as long as you weren't actually involved in big industry at the time. In highschool we did one of those 'interview your grandparents about the great depression' bits and all the rural grandparents said they barely noticed.

Kinda makes me glad I dropped out of college and have a job that pays well without any extravagant ties, whereas my selection of majors would mean I'd be in the same position anyway at this rate, except, you know, $50k+ in debt after school costs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a group of individuals that pride themselves on conservation you have missed a very important part. Palin wants to remove polar bears off the endangered species list because they "hamper" oil drilling.

Here is the article:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle3987891.ece
    Feed me Seymour.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast