What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Move Trailer Guy Dead

• Thread starter ilbasso
  • Start date
Oh no! Don LaFontaine (aka that movie trailer voice over guy) died! Movie trailers and TV commercials will never be the same.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZJMGS7l0wT8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZJMGS7l0wT8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It haven't heard how he died, but only that he was 68.

They could get Frank Caliendo to take care of it (ex-Mad TV)- it's about the only thing an impersonator really can do and he's done that guy before.

Its amazing how much a typo changes meaning..
when I read the subject line of this thread:

move trailer guy dead

I read it as:

"move trailer, guy dead."
"move the trailer, the guy is dead"..

which didnt make much sense..
but I get it now..

double-check before you post! ;)

I liked that guy!
his Geico commercial was pretty funny..

Scot

Noooo...this pretty much shatters my entire theater-going existence. What will previews be like without him? I can't even think of a time when he wasn't there, through action, adventure, romance, comedy. He was THE guy. When I was little I wanted to have his job and would practice narrating things around the house. Wasn't that good of an imitation in the voice of an 8 yr old girl but hey...I tried. What are they gonna do? It would be like cheating and a disrespect to just get someone else to imitate his voice and try to carry on as nothing happened but if they don't...what will they do instead? This will be so weird seeing trailers with out the ever present voice of the movies trailer dude.

Awww D: Movie commercials just won't be the same now. R.I.P.

Back