What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Men or women?

I've noticed that there are a LOT, I mean a LOT more men interested in CPs than women. In the rats-as-pets hobby... and dogs too... there are a LOT more women. So is it just that guys are more into bug-eating monsters than the fluffy cuddly pets? I personally like both :-D I'm female, for those who don't know.

from what i have noticed most women do not dive head first into hobbies as much.....my wife never dives head long into anything, she is interested in most all the same stuff i am butshe never goes all out in anything.....to her hobbies are something to relax with and not intended to be another source of stress :D

You're correct in your observation that this particular hobby is dominated by the guys. Strangely enough, though, with but a few exceptions, the gals seem to have a tendency to be into rats and snakes as pets, more out of proportion to the guys. The guys, particularly the very young, have a tendency to be sadists. The girls tend to be tomboys Notice the frequent use of the word "tend".

My two favorite hobbies, ever, that I've tried, have to be my rats and my VFT. Definitely. Am I just the odd one out? lol

not the odd one out......just uncommon.........nothing wrong with that.......

Everything about me seems to be uncommon, lol!

Well.... you've come to the right place! There's a lot of gals here that can relate to what you are expressing... right down to raising pet rats!

My wife is deeper into her hobbies than I am into mine, but she spends her hobby time doing the hobby, often with actual people. While I type messages to people I've never met. I don't even know for sure that you people are actual people. How can I know if Jimscott is a computer simulation and Rattler is a vegan poetess from Amherst acting out her High Plains fantasies? For all you know, I might be only days away from a shotgun wedding to Sarah Palin's daughter.

My wife is deeper into her hobbies than I am into mine, but she spends her hobby time doing the hobby, often with actual people. While I type messages to people I've never met. I don't even know for sure that you people are actual people. How can I know if Jimscott is a computer simulation and Rattler is a vegan poetess from Amherst acting out her High Plains fantasies? For all you know, I might be only days away from a shotgun wedding to Sarah Palin's daughter.

TFF.......but yah make a good point :poke:

That was nice of him xD

I'm actually a computer program designed to simulate online chat behavior. I even include typos, slang and hip abbreivitaions so that my words appear more convincingly as "internet primate."

The monsters description is accurate with me. I like my carnivorous plants and reptiles, not to mention my metal sculpture bugs, beetles, tripos, anything that looks like it's from another planet, really.

I got lucky with my S.O. Her hobbies include gardening, herbal mixtures for incense and smoking (construe what you like, but it's all legal XD) and experimental cooking. You know how they say that some things are like air, where you don't know how much you appreciate it until it's gone? Yeah, she cooks TOO much, constantly, and always messes with the recipie, so there's always something extravagant to eat. Her hobbies do NOT include cleaning the kitchen, however, so it often looks quite 'exploded' in there, and I'm the guy who cleans up XD.

just happy my wife hunts with me

here she is examining one of a half dozen elk beds:
IMG_0052.jpg

glassing:
IMG_0048.jpg

she also shoots critters for the table
IMG_0252-1.jpg

if only i could get her to field dress.........least she is a pretty good butcher once we get the critter home.....truth be told she has shot more head of big game than i have......

Hey... this is a good time to bring up that you are neither herenorthere!

Thanks a bunch for that last pic, Rattler. Now I feel a little sick to my stomach.

do you eat meat?

Ive have been doing all sorts cool things since i was a little girl, my dad taught me to track critters, how to tell what they have eatin from there poo and so forth, how to live off the land/woods, how to hunt, fish, trap, shoot guns, carve cool things outa wood, boating, ect.ect.ect, I never did anything that little girls would do, i was always down in the swamp catching tadpoles, turtles, crayfish, bugs and the like, i have always had a TRUE green thumb always growing diffrent plants, studying plants/flowers/trees in the wild. I always had some kind of pet, dog, cat, horses, cows, sheep, llamas, rare exotics, birds and so forth. As i grew nothing changed i am still the same person and taught my kids the way my dad taught me and now they have all that knowladge. I owned a exotic animal pet shop and rescue now retierd, i am owner/founder/president of a car club, we drag race our car and i love spending as much of my time as possible at the drag way. My plants CP and non CP are not only the love of my life but my heart and soul, my little piece of surenity of what once was natural and god given in this crap azzz world that was taken away/destroyed by what we call humans. No matter how old i get or broken down i get i will never change and the love and compassion i have for the natural life/beauty this earth has offerd will always be a part of me.

do you eat meat?

Yes, but I don't want to see what it looks like before it's butchered! I'm also hardcore into animal rights and such [but not in a creepy PETA way].

Back