What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google Chrome

• Thread starter cool85k5
  • Start date
Google has a web browser now,beta version I think ,but it works good!Check it out!

[Review: Google Chrome lacks polish under the hood (AP)]
Review: Google Chrome lacks polish under the hood
Technology / Internet
7 hours ago | User rating: 3 / 5 after 11 vote(s) | User comments: 2

(AP) -- Google Inc.'s new Web browser, called Chrome, does much of what a browser needs to do these days: It presents a sleek appearance, groups pages into easy-to-manage "tabs" and offers several ways for ...

1996 - I started out with IE..because it came with the computer, and I didnt know any
better yet.

1997 - 2006 - used Netscape 4.7 - loved it.
tried newer netscapes as they came out..but the newer netscapes were
bulky and slow, so I stuck with 4.7 as long as I could...but eventually 4.7
stopped working well, so:

2006 - switched back to IE..hated it..looked for alternatives.

2006-present - very satisfied Firefox user! see no need to switch.

I might try google chrome..someday..but right now im not interested..
I have no need for it at the moment.

Scot

I might try google chrome..someday..but right now im not interested..
I have no need for it at the moment.

I totally agree with Scot. I have neither the desire nor the need to spend my time downloading another browser.

xvart.

I don't really like the new version of Firefox, and I may try the new Google browser.

EDIT: Totally in love! It runs so much faster than Mozilla Firefox! Eeeee!

Try World Browser. It's free and uses IE beneath it.

It's a single file install so it places no intrusive files on your HDD. :)

Try it...........

I will try when my mom decides to get rid of aol. So far I love aol because I like its rounded shape, cool blue color, and speed. If that makes since.

it is actually very very cool. I love it. I hate the aspect that it doesn't restore tabs and pages on a crash....but for a beta release and the first release...this is already in competition with firefox 3. They still need to add stuff like extensions, crash recovery, online bookmark management...but its a very slick browser.

I think that's the first time I ever heard anyone say they loved AOL. lol I'll have to tell Arthur. :D

Why? It has everything I need, aim, email, browser, tool bar, and a program to restore open sites when I log off.

I just downloaded it and WOW! Wheres my ME time? ??? It has a spell checker! I just notice that! I like it WAY more then Firefox already! They just need to fix the boxy shaped top and darken that blue a little. I will still use AOL though but I will be using this after we cancel the plan.

Back