What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Large Hadron Collider

• Thread starter Est
  • Start date

Est

War. War never changes.
Staff member
Haha I just had a friend forward me the following link: Gordon Freeman??

And for you poor souls who don't know who Gordon Freeman is: Find out who he is, here!

I, for one, welcome our new alien overlords.

:jester:

oh noes!

no whats going to happen is it will break down in 4 years cause that guy was messing with it!

I had to look up who that guy was... :)
A mini-black hole that swallows the earth is probably the best possible thing that could happen to us these days.

Est that is too funny

GOODBYE student loan payments.

My god people actually think they will open a black hole that will swallow the earth? Please! I look forward to the research this thing will make possible.

Everyone knows that it won’t make a black hole... no no no not a black hole at all! It’s really a portal generator!

That’s why he’s there!
:lol:

Now where's the G-man?

My god people actually think they will open a black hole that will swallow the earth? Please! I look forward to the research this thing will make possible.

There's always a group howling conspiracy, especially where science is concerned. I saw some people freaking out about this test run on TV the other day. Look how many people and governments like ours freak out over the amazing prospects offered through cloning, genetic engineering and stem cell research and do their best to put a stop to it or make decent research practically impossible. Like I said above, let the black hole come - I've always wanted to be spaghettified! ;)

I'm actually surprised the religos haven't been protesting more since it is being used for researching the 'big bang'. I haven't tuned in to the 700 Club in a while, maybe the order of importance goes: evolution, Harry Potter books, Mc Donalds and then the LHC?

I'm actually surprised the religos haven't been protesting more since it is being used for researching the 'big bang'. I haven't tuned in to the 700 Club in a while, maybe the order of importance goes: evolution, Harry Potter books, Mc Donalds and then the LHC?

Actually I find that most Christian religions actually endorse the big bang because they feel the only way you can get "something" from "nothing" is by the intervention of "God". The just do not see the paradox therein...

I like this:
miracle3.gif

Can you say Black Mesa,get your crow bar ready! :-))

You will be baked... and then there will be cake

Actually it would be awesome of a black hole was created (but not if it destroyed the earth) because the only way they theorize that a black hole could be created is if a theory involving multiple dimensions was right... I forget but they said that it had something to do with dimensions.

As sad as I might be if the world were to get swallowed into an infinitely small point in space... What a way to go! I say bring it on! I'll enjoy my stretching time to infinity for... well... forever!

xvart.

I can beat this hands down: Someone on a science community I'm in has a radiation safety office named Bruce Banner!

Back