What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are the distinguishing characteristics....

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date
I love that there's an emo ad on the bottom of the page now, lol!

On my PC it's an ad for Vampfangs (TM) "Simply the most realistic fangs available". What's an emo ad show, a straight razor, a bloody sink and some anti-depresants scattered about? :-D

Firefox Adblock Plus: I don't see these ads of which you speak. Fantastic ! :banana2:

Aren't the ads reflecting keywords on the given page?

Aren't the ads reflecting keywords on the given page?

yah, they're supposed to but if an advertiser runs out of money on their google ad allotment the ad changes to a different company. We haven't said Goth , Emo and Punk enough on this page to get a cool ad.
GOTH GOTH GOTH GOTH GOTH ;)

People who are "punk" often have crazy hair (dyed, styled, etc.) and clothing (often tight pants) and listen to loud screaming music.

Dunno where you got the idea that "punks" wear tight pants... Most of today's punks are the skater/snowboarder type and their pants are distinctly baggy.

Anyways, "punk" is a really fluid term with no real set meaning I am finding. Once upon a time "punk" was David Bowie. Then we moved to what most punks call the "old school" style of Sid Vicious/Sex Pistols, Black Flag, The Pixies, Dead Milkmen and the like. The "new school" style is bands like Pennywise and Lagwagon and Strung Out and Sick of it All. And finally we have the GAP punk culture coming into play now with bands like Green Day and Blink-182 or any other band that calls itself "punk" but can be seen on TRL and have scads of teeny bopper girls for fans...

Aside from that final group, punk is basically an "anti-establishment" mindset. Rebel against the system and the man and all that.

And the best descriptions I can give you for goth and emo are the following:

Goth:
gothopotamus.jpg

Emo:
Emo.jpg

Back