What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Open The Dumpster and what do I see....

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date
Tracey... no foxes? Where I work I have to be on the lookout for deer and foxes. A few weeks ago a deer decided it would cross the street as I was going by. By the time I could react and slow the car down, I clipped its back foot.

YEa if ours were that obnoxious Id have them on the hit list too! geesh!

Raccoons are cute, but man, they are some crazy little critters.

I haven't seen anything crazy, other than having taking up residence in there. It was the funniest thing with that first encounter. I was just opening up the cover to put the trash in, and he/she looked at me and I looked at her/him. And then a few days later there were a trio of them. Then the guys from Waste Management came and emptied the container. Then they disappeared until the trash built up again and just one of them came back. I took the borrowed camera down and got the critter. Now they are all gone.

my mom had a pet coon for awhile.........have hear interesting stories......

they are extremely intelligent critters....a smart ol' coon can kill a dog many times its size....general practice is to head for deep water where the coon will crawl on top of the dogs head and push it under and do everything in its power to keep it under....have seen a 20ish pound coon try and do it to a 110 pound retriever and was succeeding till we shot the SOB......ive never set out to hunt them for fun with hounds and the like but have removed some from ppl's barns before cause they were killing cats and in general causing problems.....i treat them like most varmints around here.....so long as they arent causing issues i leave'em alone.....but problem animals are taken care off and permanently put down

Back