What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ride in the country.....pics

due to the wife working some weekends at the movie theater it occurred to me Kate and i may be on our own for some of the hunting season.....given my bad knees and the fact she is only 13 this could leave us in a jam if i get hurt......been busy with flooring on my time off from the paper lately and i realized i really hadnt taken her driving since hunting season last year.....well with my flooring partner more or less out of commission due to a herniated disk ive got some free time so we headed for the hills last night to give her some more practice and to see if i couldnt find a pheasant i could get close to with the new camera for a good fall photo for the paper....pheasant season aint for a few weeks yet....lil sob's shouldnt be to jumpy.....

Kate driving.......
IMG_1758.jpg

speed goats.....i really need a 500mm lens
IMG_1750.jpg

IMG_1751.jpg

turns out even a few weeks till the season the lil *******s are jumpy as hell......couldnt get closer than this to the lil SOB....need bigger lens.....
IMG_1753.jpg

badlands.........
IMG_1754.jpg

hmmmmmm.....someone aint done harvesting
IMG_1761.jpg

another speed goat......where in the hell is that 500mm lens i requested?....
IMG_1765.jpg

mule deer headed towards my grandparents place
IMG_1768.jpg

more badlands......
IMG_1769.jpg

all in all she prolly drove over 40 miles of back roads last night......not to bad.....hauled a 22 for her but didnt find anything interesting to shoot at.....did rediscover a prairie dog town i forgot about but am unsure who's property it is so we left them alone........

and here is a shot of the Bear dog looking pitiful this morning cause she didnt want to kennel before we went to work.....
IMG_1774.jpg

Beautiful landscape and scenery. I'm not sure where people get off saying that plains and fields are boring. Gorgeous wildlife. And that dog is adorable. Thanks for sharing. Hope everything works out before pheasant season.

xvart.

well if i dont get a pic of one before season opens i will get a picture of one after......it will just be a different type of picture than what was planned :D

I'm not sure where people get off saying that plains and fields are boring.

take a drive down I25 through eastern Wyoming or I94 across North Dakota.......you will quickly find out why i complain loudly about the 75mph cap DC puts on us....

Ya know... we've seen pics of Darla and Kate, but.....

Be carefull what you ask for jimscott, he might just post one.

Beautiful country, makes me want to get out of the corn fields. I swear I can't see more than 15 feet either side of the road till it all comes out. Course it was all different back in the day, easy to hide out on dirt roads with trunks popped open just hangin' out.

Ya know... we've seen pics of Darla and Kate, but.....

i have posted pics of me.......but some ppl seem to get unhappy when they see blood on my hands :grin:

I don't mind the blood on the hands; it's the tendons in the teeth that get to me.

Very nice pics and yes you're dog is adorable!

well here is the Bear dog and I relaxing after a hike last summer

Untitled-1-16.jpg

bout the only pic ive got loaded of me that does not include a dead critter.......basic reason is im the one running the camera 99% of the time....only time i aint is cause ive got blood or similar on my hands and cant run it.......

no blood but a tad violent.....im on the heels, my baby brother is on the head
523414.jpg

Back