Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What's YOUR job/career

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quality Assurance for a plasma fractionator.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

The ignorance of man stains the land! Victoria's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a stay at home wife/mom....my duties arent just limited to cleaning though, lol....I homeschool our 8 yr old son (he's almost 9 now.....where did the years go?)....I also breed parrots and have a current flock of 40, this includes the basic food and water needs as well as cleaning up after them, most require being fed fresh foods and sprouted seeds 2 times a day so I am ALWAYS cooking it seems like....my flock includes Eclectus, Conures, Mini Macaws and Amazons. I also handfeed the babies which is usually every 3-4 hrs a day but if a baby needs me to feed them at day 1 of life it includes feeding them every hour on the hour for the first week of their life....talk about exhausting! I am currently feeding 7 babies on 4 hr feedings....I just sold 7 more so I was feeding 14 as of 2 weeks ago.

When I worked outside the home my first job was a CNA for a traveling company working wherever I was needed....I then had a job at a newspaper creating adds and helping out with the printing press....after that I worked processing chitterlings (which is the intestines and rectum of pigs, I flushed out the poo/maggots from them....definitely the most disgusting thing I have ever done....but dont worry, I wont go into detail on how it is done, lol) and then I worked at a Daylight Donuts at nights making donuts which was my all time favorite outside the home job!
    They are slowly and painfully killing you.....did you know that?

How brainwashed are you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umm a Graduate who is going to Hilo's community college then Hilo's University.
    I'm planning on selling macro algae from Hawaii(export legally ) and raising marine shrimp for possible sale but most likely home consumption.
    I'd love a part time at home college job(I'll be close to the college) that involves marine fish but I'm not sure...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by upper View Post
    just interested in what people do for a living and what's the income.
    I've griped about it before, but to recap: pilot for continental express, fly 50 seat RJ's. Yeah, those 'rj's passsengers like so much (sarcasm). 3rd airline I've flown for in the past decade due to furloughs - this job is extremely sensitive to the economy. Most I've ever made is $33K. I spent over $70K in flight training, in addition to school debt. The company wants to cut our pay by a min. of 6% and up to 18% by next year, plus cut the 401k program and medical bennies. They just furloughed 350 guys below me, and I will be furloughed-again-in Jan.

But - I've been on 'medical leave' for 2 months now due to an illness that hospitalized me in late July. The FAA freaks over anything medical related. Looks like I won't get my medical back. So basically it's clear to me I need to find a new career - I'm being forced out - which is ok as I've been wanting out for a while now.

So I spend my days on medical leave looking for a job. I think I'm going to have to eventually get another degree, as mine is proving worthless outside the flying world. I'm basically starting all over. Quite painful and stressful

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a community college student looking to transfer to either Cal Poly San Luis Obispo or UC Berkeley to major in electrical engineering. I'm also procrastinating on my electricity and magnetism homework at the moment...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Computer Addict. Fun job. :3
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Selling junk on ebay More of a temporary job thing.
    The following statement is true.
    The above statement is false.
    My growing growlist of growing things

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Selling junk on ebay More of a temporary job thing.
    That's the best/easiest job! Finding stuff posting it on ebay and collecting big $! I sold a $20 antique tattoo gun from a flea market for $800 once (my biggest sale for least investment). What sux is when it doesn't sell and you gotta foot the listing fee.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast