Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What's YOUR job/career

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jfoley -

Where are you in Connecticut? I'm in Manchester.

We did some animations and a high resolution backlit illustration for an Amgen pharmaceutical trade show booth many years ago.

Are you going to the NECPS Show this weekend?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by upper View Post
    how much do you guys get paid? all these career sounds amazing.
    compared to some i dont make alot of money, especially compared to those in the metropolitan Northeast or south Cali...between the wife and i we are pulling down well under $100,000 a year though we are doing our best to crawl our way up above that but we have our own house that we have no problem paying the mortgage on, onan hourly basis i get paid way more laying carpet.......however what my job offers is freedom.....got a boss that thinks the opening weekend of any hunting season is a national holiday and long weekends to go fishing or hunting are encouraged.....granted my job also means im working 24/7 so long as im in town, fire or car wreck in the middle of the night and i got to head out and get a picture......my job is becoming a career cause i like doing it.....i like covering school board meetings....i like being paid to spend time behind a camera.....i get kicked out the door every so often, given a full tank of gas, handed a camera and being told to "be creative and bring me back a picture for the front page"........i get paid to cruise the country side looking for things to take a picture of........

however if your running a paper in a bigger city you can make a damn fine living at it.......but the bigger the paper the less fun i think it is cause it becomes an extreamly serious job.......

find something yah like to do and go with it.....a job yah make tons of money at aint worth being miserable every day.......also having worked in a greenhouse i would never choose raising plants for a living......while i love it as a hobby i wouldnt want to do it for money.......somethings yah want to use to reduce stress, not create it.....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right now I'm getting gigs for Flamenco guitar. But it hardly pays off for all the hours of practice...

Quote Originally Posted by allegedhuman View Post
    Ph.D genetics student living on program stipend
    That's exactly what I want to do! I've been looking for advice from others who have chosen to major in genetics.

Maybe I'll pm you...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by herenorthere View Post
    While I'm interested in anthropology, for example, I have a hard time imagining that I would have been the one chosen for one of that field's rare jobs.
    LOL. Thanks for reminding me.

I am an anthropology grad student focusing on Andean Archaeology, specifically the South Coast of Peru (Nasca drainage). I don't think I can really call this making a living though as I am just getting myself into debt.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work at Hot Topic lol. and while at school, i am a tutor for English, American Studies, Science, and Marine Biology.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a surgical technologist and nursing student. I will be a nurse in December!! WOO HOO!! The last year when I worked full time I made around 25K a year. I am part time now so it is much less! After I graduate nursing school I will be making more but I can't tell you what that is right now. I have not gotten a job yet!
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how much do you guys get paid?
    Let's just say while I'm "comfortable" (not eating dog food yet) I'm not even registering on the tax plans for either Obama or McCain as any show discussing it starts at $33K a year. Even though I'm making the most I've ever made I still don't make that much, so I suppose my taxes will stay the same or depending on who wins maybe I'll pay even less. Not sure if i should put happy or sad face here so I'll do both....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a contract killer. It's pretty cool sometimes. Sometimes it sucks.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast