What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's YOUR job/career

• Thread starter upper
  • Start date
Sounds like you have it all worked out, and you're getting off on a good start. Your father of course will be invaluable. I bet he's got some awesome stories!

ROTC is a great program. I had several students that I instructed that were in the program while I taught them, and every single one of them got pilot slots in the military: 2 are now Apache pilots, one is an A10 pilot, one F18, one F15, and one C-17. I'm jealous of them lol (I couldn't meet the vision standards for the military).

Best of luck - just being so confident in what you want to achieve is a great advantage.

I really like jimscotts job. He gets paid for nothing and by everyone doing their job at his work he should really get nothing in return. Dang Micro samplers always complaining about something when all they want to get is nothing. Sheesh

I'm a graphic designer.

I get to play with Apple Macs all day!

I'm a graphic designer.

I get to play with Apple Macs all day!

Another artist! So many of you on this board! Wish I was one of you.

I'm a Wastewater Plant Operator. I do lab tests on our influent (the **** that comes in) and our effluent (non-potable water) that goes out directly into the Arkansas river. I am also in charge of the collection system from inspecting it as it goes onto the ground to cleaning it every 3 years or when ever it backs up and marking it for locates. I occasionally help with repairs when a contractor digs up a section while excavating for another utility. It pays about $43K/yr. In other words I get paid to take **** off everybody in town and the tourists too. Some days it ain't worth even twice the pay.

Well, since I've come back to the forums, I'll put in my 2 cents.
I am a bio/bio-tech major in CUNY. I used to be in nursing, but switched one year before completion (I loathe working with ANNOYING and stupid people, not to mention the "death factory" I witnessed in the hospitals... yeah sure, super modern hospitals... with surgeons picking wires from the incredibly filthy floor and then performing a surgery on the cervix with the very same gloves on, and then just rolling in the next patient, drugging her, and doing the same thing... absolutely horrible!).
For the past few years (almost 4) I have been working as a waiter in kosher catering. Customers mostly don't care at all what you're doing as long as they got beans and any derivatives thereof, as well as plenty of alcohol, so it is ok so far... they rarely bother anyone. In any case it has been enough to cover my tuition.
Lets see... what else... I am the head of a church choir. We're like uber-traditionalists thus no use of instruments - all a-capella, and I make sure everything we sing is at least few centuries old :) Well, the melodies are, the texts are about 1000 years old and still in the same language... old music notation as well. How did I land in it? Well, there was no one else to do it, so I got volunteered into it. Had to self teach myself everything because none of the others knew what to do... and now, years later, we're not that bad :)
So in short, this is what I do.

Back