Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: What's YOUR job/career

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I warp the minds of our future.... I teach high school government and economics.
    I don't remember a time when I didn't want to be a police officer... apart from the summer of 1979 when I wanted to be Kermit the Frog.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    Yes, I have been getting a lot of that recently as well LOL
    I think it goes with the territory kind of like having your shirt tails cut off after you solo. At least you're not one of those stuffed shirts that insist on being called "Doctor"
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm the Director of Housing at the home campus of a small private university. One reason I was more scarce (and still am sometimes) is because I just opened an 18 million dollar residence hall.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite the varied background we've got here!

I'm surprised we haven't had a single botanist yet. I thought we'd have at least one. It's always been an interest of mine, well before I discovered CP's.

Cool to see so many 'science' types. To this day, I regret not entering the science field. Congrats to you Phd's - spectacular accomplishment!

And you artists - you've got my respect. Art was my first love all through school, and it's what I always saw myself doing for a living. I did AP art all through high school, and did a couple semesters in college as a fine arts major, but decided to give it up for a 'lucrative' career/major. Haha - well that didn't work out too well, and I've only got school debt to show for that decision.

So yeah - I debate going back to college since my career is now in the crapper, and have it 'narrowed' down to:

Botany
    Fine Arts or Commercial Arts
    Meteorology/Climatology
    Geographic Information Systems/Geographer

I have about equal interests in all. Life is too short.

What is and what should never be Crissytal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I have my degree in Information Systems with a specialty in Network Administration and Support. This covers a wide range in the technology field. Alas I am still job searching. It's not that I'm picky, I'd be happy sitting in a back room fixing computers all day. This area is terrible for finding something other than a part time, minimum wage job. I thank the military base of that. Early next year I hope to be moving out to western North Carolina in hopes of finding a halfway decent job that deals at least somewhat with my degree. Haven't decided where exactly yet, but am looking into Gastonia, Charlotte, Asheville along with any other city that becomes of interest (anyone that lives near these areas and has some input, please feel free to PM me).

Crystal
    Last edited by Crissytal; 09-23-2008 at 07:47 PM. Reason: grammar
    Where do we go when we just don't know,
    And how do we relight the flame when it's cold?
    Why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing,
    And when will we learn to control?
    --Godsmack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissytal View Post
    Well, I have my degree in Information Systems with a specialty in Network Administration and Support. This covers a wide range in the technology field. Alas I am still job searching. It's not that I'm picky, I'd be happy sitting in a back room fixing computers all day. This area is terrible for finding something other than a part time, minimum wage job. I thank the military base of that. Early next year I hope to be moving out to western North Carolina in hopes of finding a halfway decent job that deals at least somewhat with my degree. Haven't decided where exactly yet, but am looking into Gastonia, Charlotte, Asheville along with any other city that becomes of interest (anyone that lives near these areas and has some input, please feel free to PM me).

Crystal
    Surprising to hear of your difficulties. In the past few months I've been job hunting here, there are oodles of very well paying jobs in your exact field and background ( so much so I'm jealous of what they get paid - sheesh$$$$). Best of luck to you!

What is and what should never be Crissytal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only lucky for me if I can get out of here! My family is like the 1% of the civilians left in this city. This area is no longer civilian friendly. It doesn't matter how qualified I am, if a Marine applies for the same position regardless of his experience he will get it. It's based on a point system here. It's just my luck I automatically have less points than everyone else, even the wives that aren't serving have precedence. Nice eh? I don't want to get into it too much, as I don't want to offend anyone here that may have been or may still be serving in the military. I'm hoping all will work out so I can get out of here. It looks like for the time being I'll have to apply to Lowes or maybe HomeDepot. I'm getting sick of sitting at home looking through nonexistent jobs.

Crystal
    Where do we go when we just don't know,
    And how do we relight the flame when it's cold?
    Why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing,
    And when will we learn to control?
    --Godsmack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive got a BA in Psychology, a BS in Biology and recently got my Associates of Applied Science in Radiologic Technology.... I just graduated with my Assoc. in May.

...so that makes me an x-ray tech. I work in an Urgent Care.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast