What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's YOUR job/career

• Thread starter upper
  • Start date

upper

Capensis Killer
just interested in what people do for a living and what's the income.

for me,
full time highschool student, parent got a resturant
i help at the restaurant(cashier) saturday and sunday for 0$ a month
but get 20$ allowance every week or two.

Im a highschool student too. I live on a peninsula right by a gondola center place, and I'm getting a job there. My first one too!

Maxx -

Many many years ago I went to Cal State Long Beach. Now I'm on the other side of the country in Connecticut.

I do Biological/Medical Illustration and 3D animation.

What a great Job Bill!

I run Bell & Howell Master Mailler "Intelligent Inserting Machines". It's uninteresting but I get paid really well, and I only have to work 3 or 4 days a week (3 one week, 4 the next) 2 nights on, 2 nights off, 2 on, 2 off... so most of my time is my own for writing, reading, drawing & sculpting. Our company is only really "busy" every 3rd month on the business quarter ends when we send out 401-K statements and such then we're basically reading books and playing dominoes until the next quarter end when we're swamped with work again. Nobody intentionally quits our place, it just doesn't get any easier than being paid to read a book or two every night!

My job is lame, I wish I could quit. It's sophomore in high school. LOL It pays $0 in cash, but my parents give me $10 every weekend. :)

Right now I'm a college student at Miami U. in Ohio. I'm studying accountancy and German. Last summer I had an internship in Germany where I worked for a corporate consultancy.

Research Scientist 1. I play with bacteria.

I'm a Computer Programmer for Delta Airlines kinda... we have an exclusive contract with them so we do the programming; but I don't get the free flights or anything :-(. I have also started doing some freelance web design with my spare time.

Neal

I'm a stay at home mom to a dog and guinea pig :)

I work in the Chemistry Department of a pharmaceutical manufacturer and moonlight at Home Depot as a cashier. Basically, I play with chemicals and take people's money!

my wife and i run two small town weekly newspapers(will prolly be 3 before the end of the year)......i mainly run the job shop doing jobwork printing....things like envelopes, letterheads, business cards, raffle tickets, posters, NCR forms, that kinda stuff.....but i also do some reporting and quite a bit of photography........i also keep the one hour photolab up and running....dont generally do the day to day running of it but i fix it when it breaks down, atleast the minor stuff......i have done everything in the building except write checks at one point or another.......

as a side job i lay carpet here and there depending on what jobs a friend of mine is doing, i generally help him on bigger jobs.......

I am a PhD student in organic chemistry.....basically I play with chemicals (just like jimscott) trying not to poison any of my colleagues;-)) So far successfuly LOL

I run a gymnastics training school..aspiring to create a future US champion. I LOVE MY JOB!!!

Educator in Appalachia for the last 10yrs or so... the money sux but I love it

Av

Phil, you didn't train Shawn Johnson did you? I wouldn't mind meeting her!

I am a Police Officer/ERT Member with the third largest city in my state.

college student, junior year at the University of Kansas getting my bachelor of fine arts in photographic media.

Quality Assurance for a plasma fractionator.

I am a stay at home wife/mom....my duties arent just limited to cleaning though, lol....I homeschool our 8 yr old son (he's almost 9 now.....where did the years go?)....I also breed parrots and have a current flock of 40, this includes the basic food and water needs as well as cleaning up after them, most require being fed fresh foods and sprouted seeds 2 times a day so I am ALWAYS cooking it seems like....my flock includes Eclectus, Conures, Mini Macaws and Amazons. I also handfeed the babies which is usually every 3-4 hrs a day but if a baby needs me to feed them at day 1 of life it includes feeding them every hour on the hour for the first week of their life....talk about exhausting! I am currently feeding 7 babies on 4 hr feedings....I just sold 7 more so I was feeding 14 as of 2 weeks ago.

When I worked outside the home my first job was a CNA for a traveling company working wherever I was needed....I then had a job at a newspaper creating adds and helping out with the printing press....after that I worked processing chitterlings (which is the intestines and rectum of pigs, I flushed out the poo/maggots from them....definitely the most disgusting thing I have ever done....but dont worry, I wont go into detail on how it is done, lol) and then I worked at a Daylight Donuts at nights making donuts which was my all time favorite outside the home job!

Umm a Graduate who is going to Hilo's community college then Hilo's University.
I'm planning on selling macro algae from Hawaii(export legally ) and raising marine shrimp for possible sale but most likely home consumption.
I'd love a part time at home college job(I'll be close to the college) that involves marine fish but I'm not sure...

just interested in what people do for a living and what's the income.

I've griped about it before, but to recap: pilot for continental express, fly 50 seat RJ's. Yeah, those 'rj's passsengers like so much :) (sarcasm). 3rd airline I've flown for in the past decade due to furloughs - this job is extremely sensitive to the economy. Most I've ever made is $33K. I spent over $70K in flight training, in addition to school debt. The company wants to cut our pay by a min. of 6% and up to 18% by next year, plus cut the 401k program and medical bennies. They just furloughed 350 guys below me, and I will be furloughed-again-in Jan.

But - I've been on 'medical leave' for 2 months now due to an illness that hospitalized me in late July. The FAA freaks over anything medical related. Looks like I won't get my medical back. So basically it's clear to me I need to find a new career - I'm being forced out - which is ok as I've been wanting out for a while now.

So I spend my days on medical leave looking for a job. I think I'm going to have to eventually get another degree, as mine is proving worthless outside the flying world. I'm basically starting all over. Quite painful and stressful :censor:

Back